Where and what is the best Gluten free beer you have tried?

CoffeeTalk

Veteran
Local time
6:24 PM
I love beer, really love it , all the different types and ways to make beer, but as I am on a all gluten free diet at the moment it is hard to find a good beer.
Right now I am in Scandinavia and there are lots of choices in all the types, from pilsner through stouth and even very good IPA's , but I had a hard time just recently in LA. Last October I was in Michigan, and there it was easier to find even IPA's, Stout's and even porter's.
Where do you find your beer, or the people in your circle who are GF? And what type of beer do you prefer?

yikes - that is one that had not occurred to me (I'm not gluten free thankfully)... so basically you need a beer that is not made with wheat, barley or rye?

I don't think the people I know who are GF actually drink beer at all. So I'm not much help.
Where in Scandinavia are you at the moment - I have travelled widely through Scandinavia and love it!

Its hard when you love beer. I am mostly in Norway and Sweden, right now in Oslo. And like so many from Northern Europe I really love beer, I have allergies so red wine is not a good match most of the year , although I do like some. Don't care that much for white wine, they are often too sweet or to sour to me. I do like some rosé and proscecco , but its not the same as a good draft beer down at the pub.

Having high hopes that there is new ways to make beer without any gluten content, the enzyme they use to remove gluten have a good success rate, but the taste has not been to standard of good beer yet.

Oats, sorgum,corn,quinoa, millet are grains that can be used.

Back
Top Bottom