Which beaters do you use with your mixer?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
11:37 PM
They usually come with 3 beaters. A wire whip, a flat beater & a dough hook. The ones in the top pick are for the 2 Globe m,ixers, the one on the bottom are for the Mutrimill Artiste. :whistling:

Last edited:
My KitchenAid stand mixer came with the standard flat beater, dough hook, and whisk. I don’t have a handheld electric mixer.

I use the dough hook the most, followed by the flat beater, followed by the whisk (which is rarely used).

The last one to get used was the flat beater, to make a pound cake.

If I'm doing the mixing, I use the liquid beaters. I don't use the dough hooks because if I do make dough I use the bread maker machine.

However, my wife normally does the mixing and she dislikes the electric mixer so uses the manual whisk.

I do also, at times!! :whistling:

If I´m mixing something liquid, the beater I usually use is called a fork.:eek::laugh::laugh:
If it´s dough, then there´s another, unusual beater called hands. :D :D

Only kidding!! Depends on how much I´m making. If it´s pizza for 3, I can´t be faffed to take out a mixer, beater, food processor, etc. and then have to wash the damn thing, so I make it by hand. If it´s a cake mix, it goes into the Osterizer.

If I´m mixing something liquid, the beater I usually use is called a fork.:eek::laugh::laugh:
If it´s dough, then there´s another, unusual beater called hands. :D :D

I'm a bit the same. I don't have a stand mixer - only a hand held mixer which I only ever use for beating egg whites or double cream. Bread dough is so easy to make by hand that I've never used a dough hook. Its also pleasurable to knead by hand and one can feel the texture changing (which is important when judging if the dough is ready).

Back
Top Bottom