Which herb do you use the most?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:40 PM
We are talking here about herbs not spices. In the culinary sense, this means the leaves/stems/fowers of plants used to perfume/enhance dishes (not seeds). I use dried herbs as well as fresh and I also grow a few herbs in the garden. At the moment I'm only growing two: rosemary and sage. The herb I use most is probably coriander (cilantro) - but that might be because I make a lot of curries and it goes so well!

Lately I've been trying to explore different herbs. My latest favourite is dill. Its wonderful with fish or chopped into smashed potatoes with some butter. What about you? Do you have a herb you use a lot?

Last edited:
We use coriander a lot too. The down side is that it fades so quickly. I use thyme quite a lot as it keeps very well. I find a fresh bunch will keep for 10 days in the salad compartment of the fridge. We don't grow any herbs at the moment as we are in a small flat, But there is a fire escape on which I could perch a pot or two. I expect that might contravene health and safety! Ha ha...

Parsley, thyme and coriander.
I use a lot of dried thyme on grilled and oven baked meats.
One day... I will get round to growing some herbs.

We use coriander a lot too. The down side is that it fades so quickly.

We use a lot of coriander and my wife buys it two times every week at the local open market (costs buttons). Our local restauranteur used to keep hers on ice to prevent the discolouration.

Back
Top Bottom