Which herbs or spices do you like together?

cocolgooh

Veteran
Local time
3:13 AM
Do you like the more classic combinations such as rosemary and thyme, or is there anything more unusual that you like to put together in your dishes?
I personally love rosemary and thyme, cinnamon and nutmeg or ginger and paprika and cayenne together. I've never been a fan of garlic and ginger together though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked mixing rosemary, thyme and parsley together. This is the usual for me when it comes to herbs. However, I have not used rosemary in a long time. I liked using this herb for its many health benefits, and the smell was lovely too. We actually used to grow it, but that is now a thing of the past.

In relation to spices, I like to put oregano, cayenne pepper, ginger, and curry powder together. I think these make a good combination. I suppose I could experiment with a few more spice combinations, but I tend to grow accustomed to using certain items in my cooking. Trying something new would not be a bad idea.

I like to put gloves and cinnamon together on a baked ham with a lite spread of orange marlade.

Rosemary and garlic
Cloves ,thyme and honey
Orange and cinnamon
corriander seed and basil
Ginger and cummin
Just to name a few

I think garlic works well with lots of different herbs and spices and it is an ingredient I use a lot in my cooking, from Italian dishes to Indian cuisine. I suppose I am quite traditional in my combinations, but it depends what type of food I am cooking. For example, I will use lemongrass and ginger together in Thai food, garlic and basil in tomato based pasta dishes, cumin and chilli in Indian food and so on.

Thyme, onions and garlic are sure winners together in my opinion. I got something from my mom recently that I like but have no clue what it is. I keep forgetting to ask her. The thing I like about the ones I mentioned is that you can smell them from a mile away and some say if it smells good it must taste good. Not always true but I don't mind misleading them.

Back
Top Bottom