Ingredients
  • 1 stick Butter, Divided
  • 2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Carrots, Peeled And Cut Into Thick Circles
  • 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Or Other Whiskey
  • 3/4 cups (to 1 Cup) Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Salt
  • Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
Instructions
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add carrots in two batches, cooking for 60-90 seconds each batch. Remove from skillet.

Pour in whiskey and allow to evaporate 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining butter. When butter melts, sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Stir together, then add carrots to skillet. Cover, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.

Remove lid and add salt and pepper. Continue cooking until carrots are done and glaze is thick, about 5 more minutes.

Pour onto a platter and serve immediately. Sprinkle with chopped chives if desired.

Stick a serving spoon in the mix, and it’s time to serve ‘em up. And oh, what a wonderful time it is. I gobbled these up ‘til I embarrassed myself.

And you will, too. I know it.

I am thinking I should dedicate this recipe to Morning Glory. Don't ask me why.:wink:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/whiskey-glazed-carrots-major-league-yum/

Last edited:
Whiskey-Carrots-420x279.png

Ingredients
  • 1 stick Butter, Divided
  • 2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Carrots, Peeled And Cut Into Thick Circles
  • 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Or Other Whiskey
  • 3/4 cups (to 1 Cup) Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Salt
  • Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
Instructions
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add carrots in two batches, cooking for 60-90 seconds each batch. Remove from skillet.

Pour in whiskey and allow to evaporate 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining butter. When butter melts, sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Stir together, then add carrots to skillet. Cover, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.

Remove lid and add salt and pepper. Continue cooking until carrots are done and glaze is thick, about 5 more minutes.

Pour onto a platter and serve immediately. Sprinkle with chopped chives if desired.

Stick a serving spoon in the mix, and it’s time to serve ‘em up. And oh, what a wonderful time it is. I gobbled these up ‘til I embarrassed myself.

And you will, too. I know it.

I am thinking I should dedicate this recipe to Morning Glory. Do ask me why.:wink:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/whiskey-glazed-carrots-major-league-yum/
Go on then, Why?

These sounds good and might be a nice side for Christmas dinner. Definitely going to add them to the list. My spouse is a whiskey drinker so there is always whiskey on hand.

And there was me thinking there was a reason for you wanting us to ask you why?

You've tried the recipe out!!! Moved on from the Guinness.
It was a typo. But since you asked I am thinking somewhere along the line she suggested she likes her liquor...I could be wrong. I have not tried it and I have not moved on from the Guinness. Someone eventually drank the one remaining Guinness and I was not happy. I MUST try a Guinness recipe and have no fear I will be trying some of carrot recipes. I am planning something big. You know what they say.."Go big or go home"........

Back
Top Bottom