White Onion Sauce?

Not sure what youare supposed to eat with onion sauce...

Neither am I. And I really can't remember when and where I first came across it. Funny, I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, live to cook another day.

Not sure what youare supposed to eat with onion sauce...
In this part of the world it is a pretty standard accompaniment to a Sunday roast, especially pork and lamb. I made some yesterday by accident. I had found a James Martin recipe for an onion puree - very similar to how @Yorky did his sauce, but with double cream instead of milk. I put too much cream in and my stick blender wasn't up to the job of pureeing the cooked onion, so it ended up a runny sauce instead. Then I forgot to serve it up, so it's sitting in a pan waiting for tonight.

In this part of the world it is a pretty standard accompaniment to a Sunday roast, especially pork and lamb.

I've never heard of that. A bit like bread sauce (although that is usually reserved for birds). But as one of the Fat Ladies said - bread sauce goes with anything.

I've never heard of that. A bit like bread sauce (although that is usually reserved for birds). But as one of the Fat Ladies said - bread sauce goes with anything.
Wouldn't disagree with the Fat Ladies. It even works in a sandwich - in a fridge raiding Christmastime way. Cold turkey, pigs in blankets, crumbled stuffing and bread sauce. Mmm...

Back
Top Bottom