white pasta bleached?

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
7:08 PM
I was recently told to stop eating white pasta because it has been bleached, l was horrified as l have been eating pasta for years! I am now looking at wholewheat pasta because l don't want to give up pasta altogether, what's your opinion on wholewheat pasta?

I don't know that white pasta is necessarily bleached. It's made with white flour, but that can just mean flour with the wholemeal part taken out - just as with bread, you can have white flour that's simply flour with the wholemeal sifted out.

I prefer white pasta myself, I find the wholemeal can be a bit stodgy, and takes longer to cook, and for me, pasta is about speed!

The problem l have with pasta is that it sticks together and the way to stop pasta sticking is to run it under cold water:)

I have also heard that white pasta is bleached as is pizza dough. There is little health benefit from white pasta. Wheat pasta isn't much different but it is slightly healthier I've read. Pasta in general does nothing for our bodies but give us energy.

Make your own - it's not exactly rocket science, unless we're talking shapes / tubes.

Spaghetti, Fettucini and lasagne can be made in minutes and you don't need a machine (only to cut spaghetti)

Wholewheat pasta is disgusting :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom