Whitefish Risotto

ScandiBrit

Local time
6:20 AM
Hi
Has anybody done this before? I have always and only seen risotto with shellfish, but wondered if whitefish could be used, but I guess the beating risotto gets, the whitefish then gets broken into tiny bits, or you serve the whitefish complete or in chunks separate on top. Any experience? Just trying to expand my risotto scope!
Richard

I've had fish with risotto before, but it's always been cooked separately and placed on top of the rice for serving. I think you are right, if you tried to cook it through the risotto it would just break down. Monkfish works well and I've has smoked white fish and even mackerel. Most recently I had grilled tuna with squid ink risotto in a restaurant and it didn't work together at all

Hi
Has anybody done this before? I have always and only seen risotto with shellfish, but wondered if whitefish could be used, but I guess the beating risotto gets, the whitefish then gets broken into tiny bits, or you serve the whitefish complete or in chunks separate on top. Any experience? Just trying to expand my risotto scope!
Richard

I made perch fish risotto and I’ve added few chunks of it at half cooking, then the rest (cut into chunks as well) at the end for garnish

Back
Top Bottom