Who Buys Stereo Equipment Second hand?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
5:58 PM
Has any of you bought stereo equipment second hand? I'm looking into getting some of it, such as speakers & maybe a CD player.
Has anyone had good luck with it at all? Amazon doesn't seem to have the speakers I want, so I'm looking elsewhere such as Ebay or Best Buy. Your thoughts, please. :whistling:

I have a few times..I outfitted all of my kids with old skool stereo gear over the years. Cabinet speakers, turntables, cassette decks, stereo recievers. I even got one complete with cabinet..they were cheap as chips around 10 years ago, but they have become a bit more trendy because people realize how good and affordable they are...Just keep your eyes peeled..I used to check out the second hand shops a lot and the local buy and sell sites...if you aren't in a hurry, the deals will come along..

I have a few times..I outfitted all of my kids with old skool stereo gear over the years. Cabinet speakers, turntables, cassette decks, stereo recievers. I even got one complete with cabinet..they were cheap as chips around 10 years ago, but they have become a bit more trendy because people realize how good and affordable they are...Just keep your eyes peeled..I used to check out the second hand shops a lot and the local buy and sell sites...if you aren't in a hurry, the deals will come along..

I bought my main speakers back in the Stereo days -- around 1990. Klipsch Fortes. Over the years, I added more newer Klipsch speakers to make up a 7.1 surround system, but the old Fortes still anchor the system.

CD

I never found any really great equipment, I mean by stereo standards, but I got great deals on decent stuff like Yamaha, Sony, JVC,Techniques...I wanted to keep things affordable and wasn't sure my kids would really use it much..my youngest daughter has become a music nut, and she buys vinyl on a regular basis. My other daughter not so much, but she does have the stereo set up in her loft of her house..she uses it sometimes..my son gave his back after he moved..I then passed it on to my GF's son who loves it..4 JVC speakers and a huge Yamaha amp..he is a gamer and hooked it up somehow to his entertainment unit and has surround sound..it's all good..

Once you hear it work it is likely to work for a long time.

Check out those speaker in the link I sent on the other thread.

T

Back
Top Bottom