Who has a butter melter?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
2:35 AM

I just ordered this item from Amazon.com. To melt butter or to boil small amounts of water for small things like for instant hot cereal, or a cup of coffee. :whistling:

Last edited:

Mine can melt butter also, but I don't use it for that. It splatters all over the inside of the oven!!

There are many ways to melt butter, the easiest being to just put it in a pan and heat it.

If the idea is not to burn it, put it in a glass or metal cream cup and then put that in a pan of water and boil the water. That works for me when melting butter for dipping Lobster, Prawns or Scallops. I can add Lemon Juice to the butter before melting it.

Last edited:
There are many ways to melt butter, the easiest being to just put it in a pan and heat it.

If the idea is not to burn it, put it in a glass or metal cream cup and them put that in a pan of water and boil the water. That works for me when melting butter for dipping Lobster, Prawns or Scallops. I can add Lemon Juice to the butter before melting it.

I DO have a makeshift double boiler, but I mainly use that for making custards for ice cream & cheese sauce for mac & cheese. :whistling:

I usually put it in a mug or ramekin and just sit it on the stove while I'm cooking. That way, it melts without me having to tend to it in a pan or in the microwave.

I usually put it in a mug or ramekin and just sit it on the stove while I'm cooking. That way, it melts without me having to tend to it in a pan or in the microwave.
I've done that. I have a small spot on my cooktop called "The Warming Zone," it's just a small area with a low-heat element under it. No control beyond off and on.

When I remember, I'll pop that on right at the start and put the butter in a little prep bowl and by the time I need it, it's usually melted.

Back
Top Bottom