Who is drinking Eggnog for the holidays?

I'm afraid this thread is making me feel slightly nauseous. For some bizarre reason I bought something similar to eggnog a few years go: a yoghurt Bols. It rates as one of the most unpleasant sickly drinks I've ever had (along with Baileys).
I'm with you there....sweet, creamy drinks don't do it for me either :yuck:

Very very occasionally I'll have an Eierpunsch or a Snowball (both of which are made with Advocaat)....but with both of these the Advocaat is let down by something sharper and less creamy which makes it drinkable in small quantities.

Not heard of the former - but yes I could probably drink a Snowball.
Eierpunsch is a drink sold at German Christmas markets - its basically Advocaat and medium/sweet white wine (around 1:1 ratio) which is warmed through, sometimes with added vanilla sugar and a dash of rum. Its often served with a squirt of cream on top - though they usually ask you first and many people prefer it without.

We dont really do egg nog, but I remember my nan used to do it. I have tried it and found it sickly also.
I will get my usual supplies tomorrow of 4 litres of rum and gin. I already have 3 litres of gin stashed away for emergency.

Russ

I LOVE egg nog and started mine back in September. I keep four bottles chilling in the vegetable tray of my fridge. They start to come out on the 23rd. :) Those few months make all the difference in how smooth the drink is.

Back
Top Bottom