Who is your favorite celebrity chef?

dustysmommy2013

Veteran
Local time
7:44 AM
Do you have a favorite celebrity chef? Someone who's cooking style you try to emulate? Is your cookbook collection mostly from one chef?

My favorite chef is Ree Drummond. I love her because she worked her way up. She started a little blog with the intention of keeping in touch with her family. It slowly picked up in readership and then after she posted her first few recipes, it completely exploded! Next thing she knows, she's got bestselling cookbooks and a Food Network TV show. If that's not a good example of what can come from a side project, I don't know what it is! I also love her because she doesn't pretend to be anything but a rancher's wife just trying to cook to please her family. She doesn't make any excuses for her food not always being the healthiest. I have all her cookbooks and frequently make her recipes. They are always a hit in this house!

I actually got to meet her last year when she went on a book tour and she was just as sweet as I expected. Very down-to-earth and someone I could relate to.

I also like Trisha Yearwood. I admire her for taking a break from the road stage life to do something else that she loves. I also admire Julia Child...but who doesn't? We all know her story. She changed the face of cooking and especially women cooking. You can't help but admire a woman like that.

Who's your favorite chef?

I love the pioneer woman, too! Her stuff is amazing. I would say my absolute favorite, though is Giada De Laurentiis. I actually find her entertaining to watch which is rare for me because I'm not a huge fan of cooking shows but other than that, I own several of her cookbooks and have never had anything of hers turn out bad! Everything has been incredibly delicious and for the most part very simple.

I was just talking about Giada on another thread! Giada is not my cup of tea to be honest, but she does make very tasty Italian recipes. Any recipe I've ever made of hers has turned out great, especially the chicken dishes!

I love the pioneer woman because every recipe of hers I have followed has turned out really well. I also like the way she really breaks the recipes and ingredients down so they are easy to understand and also accessible, I rarely find I need to run out to buy ingredients for her recipes. I also like Jamie Oliver. He is a new favorite of mine, so I can't speak for the way he used to be, but lately I have read about him speaking out on the importance of delicious but healthy food and I think that's very important and the types of recipes I am looking for. He seems to be turning into more of a personality than a chef, but I still think he has great recipes.

My vote is also for the pioneer woman too, love the way she makes it so reasonable for the average cook to succeed with her recipes. I love Italian food and Giada does come up with some delightful recipes for it.

I have a few favorites to be honest. I love Gordon Ramsay and find him very entertaining, even though he is rude. I also love Jamie Oliver. I like the way he promotes healthy homemade food for children. I love the Hairy Bikers because they do no-nonsense cooking that has ingredients that most people have in their home, instead of complicated recipes with ingredients that would need to be specially bought.

I enjoy watching most of them, although admittedly, not really just because of their style of cooking but just because I find their shows entertaining. I guess the closest one that I'd consider emulating would be Heston Blumenthal just because his style is a bit more formulaic and I appreciate the amount of research that he goes through for each recipe.

My favorite celebrity chef at the moment is Gordon Ramsay. I don't really like the shows where he's angry and barking orders to other people. I get that it's part of his job and character but I like the shows where he's teaching recipes more. He speaks clearly and the instructions are easy enough to follow.

My favorite will always be Delia Smith as I could follow her recipes and she is so down to earth. I remember her show when she was making a swiss roll (roulade) and she said, " Now, be brave and roll, you can do it and don't worry!" I also like Raymond Blanc as he always seems so calm, but Gordon is pure entertainment!

My favorite will always be Delia Smith as I could follow her recipes and she is so down to earth. I remember her show when she was making a swiss roll (roulade) and she said, " Now, be brave and roll, you can do it and don't worry!" I also like Raymond Blanc as he always seems so calm, but Gordon is pure entertainment!

I'm a big fan of Raymond Blanc, he comes over as a very genuine and nice person. Much of the enjoyment though is seeing what catastrophe is going to happen next!

Back
Top Bottom