Who knows how to peel a banana?

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
12:30 AM
Or have you been doing it wrong all this time?
I'm certain I've asked this question before, but a search reveals nowt. And I'll remember after posting this.
"When you pick up a banana, what do you do? Break off the stem and start peeling, right? If so, you're like the rest of us mere mortals-mortals who are wasting precious seconds of our lives fumbling to crack open a banana when we could already be enjoying it.

WRONG. That's not how the monkeys do it, and the monkeys are pros because bananas are the pizza of the monkey world. What you want to do is pinch the tip and split it right open, as per the video."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng

Last edited:
I never thought to do that! I've always gotten a small knife & cut off the top just under the stem when it was to hard to open at the top. :headshake::stop:

Well if you ask me its all bananas! It takes so little time to peel them either way. :D

Now if someone could come up with a fast and foolproof way to peel quail's eggs... I only know one 'fast' method, which is to immerse them in vinegar after cooking. It helps a bit, but is hardly foolproof or fast!

I never thought to do that! I've always gotten a small knife & cut off the top just under the stem when it was to hard to open at the top. :headshake::stop:
Well if you ask me its all bananas! It takes so little time to peel them either way. :D

Now if someone could come up with a fast and foolproof way to peel quail's eggs... I only know one 'fast' method, which is to immerse them in vinegar after cooking. It helps a bit, but is hardly foolproof or fast!
You mean you've been doing it the wrong way all this time!!

Peeling a banana has never been a difficult task for me, since I do not eat bananas until they have a certain ripeness anyway. As long as they are ripe enough I would just break one off from the bunch and peel it. It breaks off from the stem rather easily at this ripe stage. However, peeling it as shown here in this video is also a good method and one that I may try some time.

Back
Top Bottom