Who would you invite to a dinner party?

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
10:29 AM
If you could invite anyone, living or dead to your house for a dinner party, who would you invite and why?

My late mum, who loved me cooking Xmas lunch for the family. And giving out presents to the kids.
Famous people, I'd love to cook and have a beer with rick stein, and a few people on this forum.

Imagine a dinner party with tasty and his bro, m glory, satnav,Yorky, casey, medtran, and a few others, I'd pay to go to that!! :) :)

Russ

My first thought is Neil deGrasse Tyson. Not only is he brilliant, but he's a foodie. Snoop Dogg is a major foodie, a big-time Steelers fan... and other things. He'd be fun to cook and dine with.

CD

Last edited:
I can think of several dinner parties. I'd like to invite you folk who are regular around here to one, and just have a blast putting everything together and telling you just to bring your appetites and nothing else. Maybe someone could bring a wine.

I did cook for my parents before they passed but I'd really like to do that again, big time. With things I've learned since then.

I was really hoping to bring a friend of mine that I'd gone to college with out here to the northeast, later this coming spring. Alas, she unexpectedly passed away November 1st, so I've never gotten to share a home-made meal with her. We would have spent the time discussing homesteading goals. And eating and creating meals together.

To be clear, I would not want to cook for someone. By "having dinner," I'm assuming someone else would be cooking for me and my guest(s) - not the dogs, they don't care, but I mean if I were to invite people. I @&#* hate cooking for other people.

To be clear, I would not want to cook for someone. By "having dinner," I'm assuming someone else would be cooking for me and my guest(s) - not the dogs, they don't care, but I mean if I were to invite people. I @&#* hate cooking for other people.

Lol, I cook for other people all the time. I love it. My wife says the kitchen is for walking through to get to the lounge.

Russ

It is very touching how many would like to have dinner with long passed loved ones, but I was hoping to hear more mentions of people, living and dead, who we all would probably know of. Maybe a philosopher, or sports legend, or famous actor. That gives us all a snapshot of your personality.

I will add a handful of the American "founding fathers." Jefferson, Adams, Hamilton, Franklin, to be included. I have a whole lot of questions for them, like "Why is the Second Amendment only one sentence long?"

CD

It is very touching how many would like to have dinner with long passed loved ones, but I was hoping to hear more mentions of people, living and dead, who we all would probably know of. Maybe a philosopher, or sports legend, or famous actor. That gives us all a snapshot of your personality.

I will add a handful of the American "founding fathers." Jefferson, Adams, Hamilton, Franklin, to be included. I have a whole lot of questions for them, like "Why is the Second Amendment only one sentence long?"

CD
I can't really think of anyone in that sense. I'm constantly reminded of the saying, "Never meet your heroes."

With the 2nd Amendment, you'd ask that and they'd reply, "Well, it's pretty plain, isn't it? We felt it didn't need a lot of explanation." - which would do absolutely nothing to clarify anything. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom