Local time
7:57 AM
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Moroccan Spices:

Print
Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: PT45 to 60M

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

Ingredients:

1 whole head of cauliflower (about 3 pounds)
4 cloves of fresh garlic, rough chop
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon of Raz el Hanout - Start out with 1/2 tablespoon if you are not familiar with Moroccean spices and add to taste as you mix it up.*
Juice of one freshly-squeezed lemon
1 teaspoon coarse or sea salt
1/2 cup thick Greek yogurt
Lemon slices and fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)

Raz el Hanout recipe link https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/ras-el-hanout-moroccan-spice-mix.13265/#post-125659

Instructions:

Cut away the leaves and most of the core (cut stem flush with the bottom of the head to allow it to site steadily), leaving the cauliflower head intact.

In your food processor, add garlic and ginger and grind to a paste. Add the Raz el Hanout Moroccan Spice, salt, and yogurt. Process, adding the lemon juice a little at a time. You want the marinade to be thick enough to adhere to the cauliflower, add yogurt and mix.

Place cauliflower in a large bowl, and spread the prepared marinade on all surfaces. Marinate in refrigerator for several hours.

Pre heat oven to 400.

When ready to bake, place the marinated cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil. Bake approximately 45 to 60 minutes (cooking time will vary according to the size of the cauliflower). After 45 minutes, check the cauliflower with a sharp knife, to make sure it is done. You want it cooked, but still holding together. If you prefer your cauliflower a little crunchy that is OK too.

I have it marinating right now. I'll post a few pictures of where I'm at and then again with the finished product.

B

Last edited:
20180806_132423.jpg
20180806_132913.jpg

The cauliflower took a little longer to cook, but it was 3.5 pounds.

Colleen said it was one if the best side dishes that she had ever had.

Whether I win the contest or not..... I've already won :)

Looks and sounds wonderful. We'll have to put it on the to-do list. Have you tried multi colored cauliflower - purple, lime green, or orange? I bought the lime green (broccoflower) cauliflower years ago, and really enjoyed it. It tasted like a cross between broccoli and cauliflower. I bookmarked a roasted cauliflower with Parmesan cheese recipe to try as well. Thanks for sharing.

The lime green broccoflower I've seen most often at the market here. Guess it depends on where you live. Perhaps you can find the purple and/or orange at a farmers market. Surprise your guests and serve them purple cauliflower rice LOL.

Back
Top Bottom