Whoopie Pies, do you?

madebyyouandi

Local time
6:45 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
I found a recipe for these online the other day and my kids and I fell in love. I wanted to know how common these are and what flavor combinations you've tried/recommend. I wanna make these again this week. :).

whoopie.png

I found a recipe for these online the other day and my kids and I fell in love. I wanted to know how common these are and what flavor combinations you've tried/recommend. I wanna make these again this week. :).

View attachment 63367
Whoopie pies are extremely common in my area (US Midwest) because we have so many Amish.

I think the "original" whoopie pie (if there ever was one) is considered the one with chocolate cakes and vanilla cream. Now, though, they're commonly found with peanut butter cake and vanilla cream, chocolate cake and peanut butter cream, I've seen blueberry cake ones with vanilla cream, sugar cookie-cake with vanilla cream, snickerdoodle cookie-cake with vanilla cream, chocolate cake and banana cream filling, and my personal favorite, oatmeal cookie-cake with vanilla cream.

My grandmother (Mennonite) made them when I was a kid, chocolate cake and vanilla filling.

Here's one I bought last year:
Big Whoopie Pie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom