Why do you eat nuts? Which kinds?

primalclaws1974

Veteran
Local time
7:46 PM
I avoided nuts in my teens and 20's because I was always dieting and they are very high in fat. A lot of people don't seem to know that. I began reading of the health benefits and little by little, I was won over. I eat walnuts the most often, because it seems to be the very best for health. A small handful a day does wonders. I eat the regular kind, because black walnuts are bitter. I also enjoy almonds, which is the second best, based on amount of calories, fat, and health benefits. I will occasionally eat others too.
The health benefits only exist in nuts not cooked in oil. The raw varieties are even better, but harder to find. Peanuts (not a nut at all, but a legume) is only healthy if raw. Even the roasted kind shows little benefit. Pecans and pralines have the most fat and the lowest value of benefits (but still SOME good qualities). Eat them all in moderation, of course.
What do you eat? Why?

I love cashew nuts, followed closely by pistachio nuts and at Christmas when then clear the stocks of brazil nuts... yummy... oh and I love hazelnuts. there is nothing better than them or cobnuts straight off the tree... pine nuts are rather nice and I love wild beech nuts along with sweet chestnuts (also usually from the wild). I think I like nuts!

OK I think the only nuts I don't really like are walnuts, macadamia nuts and pecans...

I like cahsew nuts and peanuts. I have a few peanuts instead of eating cake or biscuits.

I eat lots of nuts. Yes they are very high in fat but it's healthy fat! Almonds, cashews and walnuts are my favorites, they are a great source of protein, they have good minerals in them and they keep you full if you need to eat something in a pinch.

I love nuts. They also are a good appetite suppressant. My favorites are almonds and cashews. I also eat walnuts and pecans. I will eat just about any nuts except for macadamias.

It has been mentioned earlier. They are high in fat, but the good fat.

Eating varieties of nuts is also my favorite and I really love this kind of food.. Cashews, peanuts, almonds and walnuts are my favorites and I always have these in my kitchen because aside from eating them I use these nuts in some of my recipes.

Nuts don't grow in my climate, except for walnuts, and they have to be prepared, so I have never had the opportunity to try nuts directly from a tree. I might be wrong, but I thought I read that pine nuts are not that good for you? I didn't eat walnuts for a long time, because everyone I knew only cooked with the black walnut, which is bitter. I thought all walnuts were that way. Later, I found out there is a sweeter variety. I know will eat my bran cereal with just walnuts and milk, and I love that nutty taste, and it's very good for you!

I do not eat a lot of nuts these days; I tend to use peanut butter now more than the actual nuts. Growing up, I used to eat nuts on a regular basis, but I never thought of the health benefits of them nor what they contained. I just ate them because I liked them, and they always made a very good snack. My favourite nuts are peanuts and that is the kind I have always eaten, whether baked or raw. The raw ones are always easier to eat because the inner shell does not have to be peeled off, and I agree that they would have more health benefits too.

Cashew nuts are good too and I also like these. I do not eat walnuts nor almonds.

I avoided nuts in my teens and 20's because I was always dieting and they are very high in fat. A lot of people don't seem to know that. I began reading of the health benefits and little by little, I was won over. I eat walnuts the most often, because it seems to be the very best for health. A small handful a day does wonders. I eat the regular kind, because black walnuts are bitter. I also enjoy almonds, which is the second best, based on amount of calories, fat, and health benefits. I will occasionally eat others too.
The health benefits only exist in nuts not cooked in oil. The raw varieties are even better, but harder to find. Peanuts (not a nut at all, but a legume) is only healthy if raw. Even the roasted kind shows little benefit. Pecans and pralines have the most fat and the lowest value of benefits (but still SOME good qualities). Eat them all in moderation, of course.
What do you eat? Why?
I like walnuts myself. It has a good flavor, and there not as expensive as some of the other nuts. I eat nuts for the health benefits. I make a cheese like spread with nuts, make my own nut milk as well. There are a few ways to prepare nuts.

shelled pecan nuts and pine nuts are my favourites,i also love to shell nuts hazelnuts and fresh walnuts and walnuts,roasted chestnuts at christmas time is always a family affair,
I also carry fruit and nut mixes whilst out for a long ride or walk,and a bowel of salted pistachios and a beer is a must.......almonds for me are best for cooking

I know this can easily be misconstrued (as can a few responses here :eek:) but I love various nut butters. *sigh* Here comes a worse sentence: I'll eat raw nuts & I don't really have a preference but I prefer nut butters out of sheer convenience. Easy to spread on toast on the go & no need to shell anything. Yes, I know I can buy nuts already shelled but I don't. It seems like a waste of money if the shelled nuts are less.

I like most of them, however cashew and pistachios are definitely my two favourite ones. However both are really expensive here so often I go with some cheaper alternatives.

I love nuts, I don't eat alot of meat, I replace the protein meat provides in my diet with nuts. I like all kinds of nuts, my family gives me nuts for Christmas because they know how much I love to eat nuts. I do have to eat low salt or not salt nuts to avoid retaining water in my body.

Oh man, nuts are a pretty awesome snack. I just like the classic salted peanuts, or if I'm feeling more fancy, walnuts are great too (bit more expensive though)

My favorites are cashews and almonds. I like to indulge in some pistachios every once in a while. The only nits I am really not fond of eating plain are peanuts...I am strange, I know.

Back
Top Bottom