Wine Glasses

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
7:31 PM
[Mod. Edit: first few posts moved from another thread to form new topic]

.....they will bring the appropriate wine glasses for the variety of wine you order.

An appropriate wine glass?

The ones on the right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of those would suit a nice merlot.!

Russ

IIRC, a Merlot would go in a Burgundy glass. Same with a Cab/Sav, I believe.

About 20 years ago, I went to a dinner party hosted by wine (and technology) writer, John Dvorak. My mind was officially blown. I am not a wine fan, but everything he served was outstanding.

He also taught us how to drink wine for the best experience, including using the right glass, and why it matters. It is basically about channeling the wine across the right parts of the tongue and palate to hit the right taste buds.

I didn't run out and buy all new glasses, and I couldn't afford the wines he served, but it was a fascinating evening.

CD

About 20 years ago, I went to a dinner party hosted by wine (and technology) writer, John Dvorak. My mind was officially blown. I am not a wine fan, but everything he served was outstanding.

He also taught us how to drink wine for the best experience, including using the right glass, and why it matters. It is basically about channeling the wine across the right parts of the tongue and palate to hit the right taste buds.

I didn't run out and buy all new glasses, and I couldn't afford the wines he served, but it was a fascinating evening.

CD

Same, I would have a wine maybe once a month. Normally with friends.

Russ

CD

We have been to a few wine tasting evenings and learnt so much, one thing is that expensive doesn't always mean better.

Back
Top Bottom