Wine Tasting

Zyni

Veteran
Local time
4:25 PM
We decided to go to a wine tasting at a local winery, only to find out it was closing down. So, instead we decided to try out our own ideas. We like to look up wines to learn more about them and then try a bottle. So far, we've tried Beaujolais and Merlot. Both were quite nice. Maybe we'll try white wine next time.

We decided to go to a wine tasting at a local winery, only to find out it was closing down. So, instead we decided to try out our own ideas. We like to look up wines to learn more about them and then try a bottle. So far, we've tried Beaujolais and Merlot. Both were quite nice. Maybe we'll try white wine next time.
Good idea. I would suggest that whatever 'theme' you choose, region, grape variety etc, you buy 2 bottles. This way, you can compare the 2 and decide which you prefer and, more importantly, why. It might help to have someone talk you through 'how to taste' for the first time.
Also, if you can involve a couple of friends or neighbours it can be great fun, as well as educational!

I think creating your own wine tasting event is a great idea. You could even invite your friends so that you can get to taste more and have someone to share the expenses with. You only need to look up some information online to get a somewhat good idea of what to pair and which brands and years are good, I'm guessing, so it probably is a lot more doable on your own nowadays more than ever.

Since we missed out on the formal wine tasting as there isn't anywhere else to do it nearby, we're just kind of trying out new wines. We plan to do some get-togethers to share new wines as well. It's been interesting and enjoyable so far.

Personally I like red wine or any mine made from fruit. I prefer this wine type not only because you can hardly taste the alcohol but because they have some nutritional value left in them. It's not all about alcohol. In fact, people with heart ailments have always been encouraged to drink red wine. Fermented grapes have a nice effect on people with such a condition.

Personally I like red wine or any mine made from fruit. I prefer this wine type not only because you can hardly taste the alcohol but because they have some nutritional value left in them. It's not all about alcohol. In fact, people with heart ailments have always been encouraged to drink red wine. Fermented grapes have a nice effect on people with such a condition.

This is true. Red wine can be good for you.

It's not all about the alcohol for me, either. It's interesting to learn about the types of wines, and I like experimenting with the flavors with different foods. It's just something different for us to enjoy.

We went on a wine tasting trip 6 years ago in Sydney and learned quite a lot. I have to say though that I prefer French and Chile reds, white wine is ok for summer but much prefer a fruity red, merlot is a hot favourite.

Back
Top Bottom