World famous, I hate that.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:28 AM
When you go somewhere that advertisers food as world famous. A pub near me opened its doors and my friend and I checked it out within a week of opening. World famous burgers, the place just opened, wtf. And we have a chain of restaurants called the lone star. They have a really nice johnny cash stash meal, but world famous ribs, I've tried them at three different joints, all chewy tough ribs. I even told the managers, don't advertise world famous. Ok, got that off my chest.

Russ

My favorite one that way is a place in Cincinnati that has a big sign up in its window that says, "Voted 4th Best Burger In The City!!!"

Maybe it's just me, but after third place, it's nothing to brag about. That'd be like getting a wooden medal in the Olympics. :)

My favorite one that way is a place in Cincinnati that has a big sign up in its window that says, "Voted 4th Best Burger In The City!!!"

Maybe it's just me, but after third place, it's nothing to brag about. That'd be like getting a wooden medal in the Olympics. :)

I'm sure some pc schmuck would love that,lmao.

Russ

An idiot got banned from my local pub for being an all round pain. He then took to Tripadvisor, launching into a tirade about how bad the landlord, his staff, the beer and the building was.

A couple of days later a chalk board appeared outside the door of the Alehouse: "Welcome to the worst pub in Leicester according to some bloke on Tripadvisor".

An idiot got banned from my local pub for being an all round pain. He then took to Tripadvisor, launching into a tirade about how bad the landlord, his staff, the beer and the building was.

A couple of days later a chalk board appeared outside the door of the Alehouse: "Welcome to the worst pub in Leicester according to some bloke on Tripadvisor".

Lol, brilliant. Wife loves Leicester , made a fortune on the football @100 I think from memory.lol.
A few years ago.

Russ

I have seen a picture of that sign, or one like it, on the internet.

Another curiosity for me is the use of "Landlord" for the owner of a pub. Another thing we call a different name.

CD

When you go somewhere that advertisers food as world famous. A pub near me opened its doors and my friend and I checked it out within a week of opening. World famous burgers, the place just opened, wtf. And we have a chain of restaurants called the lone star. They have a really nice johnny cash stash meal, but world famous ribs, I've tried them at three different joints, all chewy tough ribs. I even told the managers, don't advertise world famous. Ok, got that off my chest.

Russ

Hmmmm, Lone Star. Were they going for a Texas theme?

CD

I have seen a picture of that sign, or one like it, on the internet.

Another curiosity for me is the use of "Landlord" for the owner of a pub. Another thing we call a different name.

CD
The landlord is not necessarily the owner, many pubs are owned by breweries. The licensee is known as the landlord and may live on the premises.

CD

Yip, kinda works a bit, but ribs are crapola. The chicken is really good though. And over priced. I know the main owner, looks like boss Hogg. A big race horse owner. Who uses a cheating trainer.
I don't like cheats. Btw.

Rus

CD
There is a Lone Star about 25 miles from our house. Parking lot is always full. People say the food and service is consistent. Many restaurants open and are good but as time goes by they slip. They say a new broom always sweeps good.

I have gone to a couple of places I’ve seen on TV. I know Guy Fieri doing a segment on your show will draw people in. But if they come with high expectations. I asked a man once where a place was. He said you must have seen it on Tv. You don’t want to go there go to this other place. I have gone to that other place everytime I’m in that area

Back
Top Bottom