World famous?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:52 PM
Think I've mentioned this in the past, people labelling food as famous, when it isn't. We have a bar here attached to the racetrack called spectators bar. Anyway a new guy took over the bar a few weeks ago, they say he's a good operator? I noticed they are sponsoring a race in the weekend advertised as spectators iconic roast meals. I've never seen a roast in there ever, now it's "iconic"
Do you have joints that falsely advertise? If an outsider went in there would think it really is famous? It really does p me off.

Russ

I had a guy eat in my restaurant quite a few yrs ago, before the www and wanted to talk to the chef and I generally oblige if I'm not in the weeds. Anyway he was from Australia and met a couple from Holland that said if they were ever in Toronto to try my restaurant and have the calamari. So I went out to talk to this couple and he told me the story which I graciously thanked him and bought them a drink, all was good in the world. My menu was chalkboard at the time and from then on I called my calamari "world famous" lol......we had a laugh about it.

Go (or don't go) to Las Vegas - everything there is declared 'World's Best', 'World's #1!', 'World Famous...', 'World's Greatest!'

This post is the best post that's ever been put on Cooking Bites btw...

Back
Top Bottom