Worth grilling anytime

ann21

Veteran
Local time
12:41 AM
One of my families favorite grill foods has become kabobs. One Saturday for my parents anniversary, I tried out a new recipe and it has now become the family favorite. It is cubed chicken, green peppers and onions on a skewer, with the sauce being made from honey, teriyaki sauce, cayenne (just a dash), and more honey. It is amazing what honey can do to an onion.

Its a shame winter is kicking in, it sounds perfect for a nice summer day and that honey over onions sounds yummy:)

However it's still possible grilling indoor, however you need to have a the right grill in your kitchen.

I got a Betty Crocker Panini grill that is 60" and perfect for two servings, so many times I use it as an alternative for grilling when weather is bad or simply there is a craving for grilled food.

I love kebabs too, not only are they a nice presentation, but they help the meat cook a little faster too, as opposed to putting whole chicken breasts on the grill, which will cook unevenly and will often either be raw in the middle when the outside is done, or dry on the outside when the inside is done. Especially with these rather large chicken breasts in the store these days. Some of them are big enough to feed three people.

Dark meat chicken holds up well on them too and is less expensive. There is a similar recipe called Chicken Yakitori, which is basically dark meat chicken marinated in a teryaki style sauce and simply threaded with green onions. Nice as an appetizer or served as a meal over and Asian cabbage slaw or noodles.

I love kabobs and honey and this sounds like a good combination of the two. I will be grilling this after winter is over.

Back
Top Bottom