Would you eat sweet potato fries with marshmallow sauce and bacon crumbles?

MoniqueS

Veteran
Local time
12:27 AM
Website
youngandpennywise.tumblr.com
A San Francisco based catering company was serving sweet potato fries with marshmallow sauce and bacon crumbles at a festival. Does that even sound remotely appealing to any of you? I know a lot people like the marshmallow combination in a lot of baked yam dishes, but to add bacon on top of it all seems way too over-the-top. I love sweet potato fries, but those toppings do absolutely nothing for me.

I posted the article with a picture for anyone interested: http://laughingsquid.com/sweet-potato-fries-with-marshmallow-sauce-and-bacon-crumbles/

I'd be willing to give it a try but I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't like it. First of all, bacon doesn't go together with anything sweet.
Overall it sounds way too sweet for my taste, I'll have normal fries with some ketchup thank you.

Agree with you girls! sweet potatoes fires are fine and even sounds great with bacon crumbles topping, but the marshmallow sauce is what really sounds like a really awkward combination.

This is like a type of dish where they 'shouldn't' go together but it might taste good. I don't like marshmallow so I doubt I'd like it. and the first thing in my mind when I saw the picture was 'OH NO.WHAT DID THEY DO WITH MY SWEET POTATOES'

I agree the bacon just doesn't belong and the marshmallows is just too much sugar. The sweet potato fries are just fine by themselves they don't need any embellishments. Why would they ruin a good snack that way? Just tell me why.

Now that is a combination, personally l wouldn't try something with such out there flavours, l would try it without the bacon though:)

For some reason it seems that bacon is being paired with everything. Bacon ice cream, now with marshmallows and sweet potato fries. I am a big fan of bacon, but do not believe it goes with everything. I wonder if these TV shows that encourage crazy pairings inspired this idea. I'm not sure I would like that combination at all.

You never know. I know they have been using crazy combinations with bacon in some cooking shows, so maybe someone thought that would be a good combo. I just don't like bacon with sweet foods it just doesn't feel right. The only time have eaten bacon with something sweet was when I had pancakes and bacon for breakfast.

Absolutely not! That sounds gross. I don't like sweet potato fries to start with. Adding marshmallow sauce and bacon would make it even worse. I am a vegan so I don't eat bacon. I haven't ate marshmallows in years. I do like regular fries though.

I wonder if they thought that the combination of bacon and marshmallows went well with sweet potato fries. I know that some people put marshmallows on their yams, but I don't like yams.

Actually, I can't make up my mind whether I would like it or not. However, the bacon and sweet potato combination sounds a bit too contrasting for my taste, and then if you add marshmallow sauce, I think my taste buds will go numb.

No offence to people who love the combination but I may give it a try without any promises of liking it.

No. This combo sounds gross and the photo isn't appealing either.

I have not jumped on the bandwagon of turning sweet potatoes into foods normally best suited for white potatoes. So, I do not enjoy sweet potatoes fries anyway. They taste weird to me.

9505959518_93e53e4d3f_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom