Yoghurt Makers

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
9:11 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I've just picked up a yoghurt maker for AUD $10.

What (else) can I make with it? I think I can use it to make nut cheeses as well as yoghurt which I also want to make. Obviously nondairy ones but my chooks love yoghurt so I can also make dairy based ones.

So how do I make yoghurt again and what else can I make in it please?

I've never used one as whenever I've made yoghurt I've done it without. I'd be intrigued to know what else it can be used for.

Yogurt is relatively inexpensive, so I just buy it already made! Hah!! :wink:
it is relatively expensive in a country where a) cows milk is cheap - here it is not. and b) you can actually drink cows milk and hence cow's yoghurt.

And I want to be able to make yoghurt ice-cream. At the moment it is AUD $17.95 for a small(ish) pot of dairy free ice-cream... it will be cheaper to make it from home-made dairy free yoghurt as will the home-made dairy free yoghurt which is also not very cheap. Plus if you actually want live dairy free yoghurt it is considerably more expensive. Just try finding some! Then there are my chooks who need more calcium than their feed is providing them and rather like cottage cheese and yoghurt. Making it for them will also be considerably cheaper. 1L of full cream milk is around AUD $1 here. Yoghurt is typically around $7 per 1kg pot. Cottage cheese AUD $7 per 500g. It will be cheaper to make it for them given getting them to drink milk is....

As for dairy free yoghurt prices $8 for 500g pot... and live dairy free - can't find in the local supermarket, health food shop only which means $$$
so for $10 I can make my own and save a lot, control life much more - my breakfasts are now porridge oats soaked in dairy free yoghurt and milk. It will be cheaper than the supermarket and those prices are all the lowest and special offers only, not a case of choosing what I like the best!

Back
Top Bottom