Your Art

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
8:56 PM
I went a bit crazed this morning. It sometimes happens and that's sometimes where my artistic expressions erupt from.

Confusion.png

Confusion: 2018 by alias - FlyingLentris

I really do like your artwork @flyinglentris - can I ask about the size of the artwork? Scale is lost when we post on the internet. I'd also love to know what media and techniques you are using. I don't often mention this but my background is in Art and Design and before I retired I was Head of an Art School in the University sector here in the UK.

I really do like your artwork @flyinglentris - can I ask about the size of the artwork? Scale is lost when we post on the internet. I'd also love to know what media and techniques you are using. I don't often mention this but my background is in Art and Design and before I retired I was Head of an Art School in the University sector here in the UK.

Well, for an Art Professor to compliment my work is absolutely wonderful. This was a quick piece, done this morning from scratch. The original is very large, a TIFF file. The medium is photographic, manipulated in Adobe Photoshop as a collage from multiple clips from my photo library.

In the future, we'll speak more on art.

Well, for an Art Professor to compliment my work is absolutely wonderful. This was a quick piece, done this morning from scratch. The original is very large, a TIFF file. The medium is photographic, manipulated in Adobe Photoshop as a collage from multiple clips from my photo library.

In the future, we'll speak more on art.

OK so we are talking digital. It would be great to get this kind of work printed up as an artwork for exhibiting on a wall.

OK so we are talking digital. It would be great to get this kind of work printed up as an artwork for exhibiting on a wall.

Yes, but if I printed up all my art, I'd run out of wall. This one isn't the best, either. And others aren't even abstracts like this one.

Here's a nice non-abstract ...

Antique Fords.png

Antique Fords: 2016 by - alias FlyingLentris

I took the photos that make this up here in San Jose, California.

l'art pour l'art, or Ars Gratia Artis as Americans might be used to.

Just my exceedingly simple and uneducated opinion, but it looks like a box of melted crayons. The kind you use to make Cub Scout candles.

The funny part in the bigger picture of life is that I would be hard pressed to recreate it, or something even close.

l'art pour l'art, or Ars Gratia Artis as Americans might be used to.

Just my exceedingly simple and uneducated opinion, but it looks like a box of melted crayons. The kind you use to make Cub Scout candles.

The funny part in the bigger picture of life is that I would be hard pressed to recreate it, or something even close.

Chacun interprète l'art comme ils le voient.

That's the wonderful thing about art. It's completely democratic. Nobody tells you what to think of art. You'll think it any way. Each interprets art as they see it.

I like the crayons interpretation.

The most amazing piece of art I have ever seen is the Haywain by Constable. The Mona Lisa is meh...

Back
Top Bottom