Your Favorite Chicken Dish?

zararian

Veteran
Local time
7:42 PM
There are lots of dishes that can be made using the chicken meat. Example of these dishes are fried chicken, chicken adobo (chicken cooked with vinegar and soy sauce) and chicken soups. So far, what is your favorite chicken dish?
It is the chicken adobo for me and I like it cooked with potatoes.

I used to love fried chicken and chicken fingers, but lately, I've been a lot more conscious of the amount of oil in them so I don't eat it as much anymore. They are still my favorites, though, especially when the accompanying sauce is unique and tastes good.

I'm a huge fan of chicken fried rice with all fresh veggies minus a couple from cans. I take chicken breasts and boil them for several hours then I cut the chicken in chunks and put in my frying pan.

Chicken fried rice is a time consuming meal but oh so good! Love it best when I make it homemade.

My favorite chicken dish is one that is cooked with garlic, onion, soy sauce, tomato sauce, green peas, potatoes, bell pepper, salt to taste and grated cheese to make the sauce creamier. This dish makes me full whenever I am eating this kind of recipe.

I love roast chicken with mashed potatoes. I always season the chicken very well, with different spices before cooking. That, combined with creamy mashed potatoes is just awesome.

Rotisserie chicken. I could inhale a whole bird if I wasn't trying to show any restraint. Honestly, every time I see a recipe that calls for "leftover rotisserie chicken" I laugh, is there really such a thing? That's like "leftover wine", doesn't exist in my house, lol.

I'm actually eating some chicken right now. I made some homemade chicken nuggets this afternoon for lunch, and I'm enjoying them with a side of marinara sauce and a nice dusting of romano cheese. I did a simple breading on them - flour, egg batter, then seasoned panko. Sprayed them down with cooking oil and put them on a cookie rack on a baking sheet and baked them until cooked through and golden.

Another way I really enjoy preparing chicken is with boneless skinless chicken thighs. I will go over them with a boning knife to remove any tough pieces of sinew and cartlidge or excess fat. Then I will just simply marinade them overnight in soy sauce and pan fry them in some canola oil. The trick is to not cook them at too high of a temperature where the exterior gets burnt before the interior is cooked. Then I just top it simply with some fresh green onions.

I also think chicken goes very well with cheese. A nice chicken breast filled with ham and cheese is always a party favorite. That, combined with a nice and well seasoned breading. Just awesome.

Chicken is a big part of my diet and I have no shortage of ways to cook it. I generally don't like anything too heavy on or in it when I make it. I saute a lot and chicken gets a lot of time in the saute pan with the mushrooms and celery.

Take some chicken breast, slice into fillets, dip into egg and then into crushed corn flakes. Pan-fry until the meat is cooked. Serve with your choice of carbohydrates (potatoes, macaroni salad, or rice) and whatever you want to put on top of the chicken (juice of some sour or bitter citrus fruit, pepper, any condiment or dressing...)

Since my family doesn't really cook as a daily thing, I first learned how to handle bird meat during Thanksgiving, the whole rub-with-salt-then-stick-in-the-oven-and-baste-with-butter-every-half-hour-for-four-hours. Fortunately, chickens are smaller, so it doesn't take that long and it doesn't take that much butter. The night before, I leave the whole chicken to soak in a (pre-packaged, I must admit) marinade of rosemary.

I made a topic about my favorite chicken soup, and I really really really want to try my hand at cooking tsukune!

One time, by accident, I left the adobo to boil until all the moisture evaporated and the chicken meat was covered in something like charcoal that must have come from the soy sauce. It was like adobo barbecue. It was delicious, the texture was crisp in a new way that fried chicken isn't, and I liked that dish...but, it's not worth coating the pots in half an inch of soy charcoal again. That was so difficult to wash off.

I have only not liked the way chicken was cooked a few times in my life. My mom used to make a roasted chicken that was to die for and with it she had her own egg noodles and gravy. She really out did herself with it and I so miss having it cooked that way.

I love chicken with black bean sauce. Whenever I order Chinese I get this but then realized I could easily make this at home. I slice up some chicken and cook it, add some black bean sauce (you can get this at a grocery store in your local Chinatown but I have also heard some grocery stores carry it), a little water if you need to thin the sauce out a bit, add some green beans (I know some people who use broccoli) and serve over rice. It is fast and easy and delicious.

Hmm....as much as I may not like to admit it, since it's rather 'kiddy', one of my favourite dishes is home made, deep friend chicken nuggets. We make them any time there's a big party at my mum's place, and they're just delicious! Especially when my mum makes them more like goujons than actual nuggets, but I just can't get enough of either. They're so thick and the bread crumbs are amazing and fresh, and huge which is wonderful

Another great and easy chicken recipe that I like is crockpot salsa chicken. All you need is some boneless chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, packet of taco seasoning, cilantro and a lime or two. Combine everything in a crockpot, with the exception of the lime juice, cook on low for 6 hours and then serve over a salad, tacos, with rice. It is so easy and delicious.

I suddenly remembered something called an Iberian chicken that my mother would always get from the farmer's market. It would be really oily, as in swimming in it, but it didn't feel unhealthy because it had so many herbs. It went great with pita, although I don't know if that's supposed to be what it goes with. I don't really know where Iberia is.

I love satee'd chicken and mushrooms/garlic, over buttered pasta and Parmesan. Though recently I have had a 5-cheese macaroni with cajun chicken and oh my goodness it was amazing. So I'd have to pick one of those because I like them evenly

Back
Top Bottom