Your favourite home made salad dressing

ambrosia

Veteran
Local time
2:34 AM
I always make my own salad dressing. I make a mixture of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Himalayan sea salt, chillies, tahini (sesame butter), lemon juice and whatever fresh herbs I have available in my garden. Sometimes I substitute the tahini with fresh avocado, or I use freshly grated ginger instead of the chillies. I gently combine all the ingredients and let them sit for half an hour before I mix them into my salad.
What's your favourite home made salad dressing?

Yours sounds delicious. I'm not big into making my own salad dressing, I usually just mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and maybe add a bit of salt.

Fresh lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. So simple but so good!

For my home made salad dressing I always love using mayo. So i mix mayo with sweet pickles, ketchup, salt and pepper to taste. I always use this with my vegetable salad.

My favorite homemade salad dressing is really easy and only requires two ingredients. I make a dijon mustard, red wine vinegar dressing. You can use an old dijon mustard jar, mix half of each ingredient, shake it up and there you have it. The vinegar gives it a nice kick that I really like. Some people add salt and pepper but I don't, adding it definitely won't ruin the dressing. I would like to start making more complex dressings that use more of my fresh herbs.

Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dash of herbs.

Although I've also recently gotten into apple cider vinegar, and it sounds like a bit of ginger would be perfect with it!

With a salad that has bell peppers or asparagus or something not just a thin leafy green, I also like to put some Greek yoghurt with a bit of salt, pepper, herbs and lemon juice.

My favorite is Ranch. I also like to make Blue Cheese, which is probably tied with Ranch for me. Thousand Island, French, Italian, Balsamic Vinaigrette, and Honey Mustard are good too, sometimes for salads, sometimes for dipping sauces.

Back
Top Bottom