Your favourite thing to bake

cefmac

Veteran
Local time
6:29 AM
I am a keen baker and am always making different things in the kitchen (but always a mess) - I bake everything from bread to cookies to cakes. For me, it's difficult to say what my absolute favourite thing to bake is, but possibly a sandwich cake. They are always so moist and tasty, due to the filling, and there are so many varieties and flavours you can experiment with. Of course there is the classic Victoria sponge, but some of my other favourites which I've created include chocolate and orange, and spiced toffee apple. I would like to try and make a ginger and lemon one soon too.

What do you love to bake the most?

I love baking cupcakes (I experiment with different flavors and fillings) as they are fun to decorate and are easy to serve up. :) I remember for my dad's birthday one year I used blue icing for the sky, mini white marshmallows for clouds and then had my dad's favorite childhood sweet, jet plane lollies on top, with some skydiving into the cupcakes. :)

I love baking cupcakes (I experiment with different flavors and fillings) as they are fun to decorate and are easy to serve up. :) I remember for my dad's birthday one year I used blue icing for the sky, mini white marshmallows for clouds and then had my dad's favorite childhood sweet, jet plane lollies on top, with some skydiving into the cupcakes. :)

Oh wow, that's so clever! I do love cupcakes as well - I'm proud to say that I've mastered the basic recipe. Decorating them is definitely the best part though. For Christmas, I made cupcakes with two different designs: half the batch had melting snowmen, and the other half had holly berries and tiny gold stars. I was so pleased with them! Here's a photo:

1525564_10202980677862450_1291417936_n.jpg

Oh wow, that's so clever! I do love cupcakes as well - I'm proud to say that I've mastered the basic recipe. Decorating them is definitely the best part though. For Christmas, I made cupcakes with two different designs: half the batch had melting snowmen, and the other half had holly berries and tiny gold stars. I was so pleased with them! Here's a photo:

Both designs look terrific. I'm sure your family and friends were impressed. The snow men design is too cute. I'd still eat them though ha ha. :wink:

Those are so creative! You are very talented! Keep up the awesome work! I am very envious of your skills! :) Those melting snowmen are so humorous! :) Great job!

Wow! Those cupcakes only shows that you had the skills and talent in baking and art. Very lovely decorating cupcakes with colorful design, frosting and topping. How I wish I can also do like this because I only know how to bake a simple cheese cupcake and chocolate cupcake with cheese and nuts toppings only. You've got the talent! keep it up!

I love to bake carrot cake. Mmmmm... It's so yummy and not too hard to make. Other things love to bake are apple and cherry pies, chocolate cherry nut cake, and peanut butter cookies.

Back
Top Bottom