Your favourite type of chips (fries)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
7:15 PM
N.B 'Chips' in the UK sense, which are known as 'fries' in America.

What are your favourite type? Do you go for skinny French fries or chunky steak cut? Maybe somewhere in between? What type of fat do you use to cook them?

Straight cut, chip truck style. But, I’ll eat any kind. Not big on pre seasoned or spicy fries. Heartburn city.

Fries, chips…our original food trucks here were chip trucks. They sold mainly french fries, but have added many other types of food items over the years. They would peel, cut, blanch then fry the chips. Usually always straight cut.

Thin, straight cut and well crisped.
I also really like Sweet Potatoes done the same way 😋
I don't care for thick or steak fries very much, dunno why ...

Taro Fries are a thing in Hawaii
DSC00103.JPG

Meh, not so much

I really have no preference - I love them all!

It depends on how I’m feeling - sometimes, a big pile of super-crispy shoestring fries sound perfect, other times waffle fries, and sometimes crinkle ones.

If there’s one type I don’t like as much, it’s those seasoned curly fries. Those are my least favorite, but I still eat them.

They are all potatoes to me. Steak fries with the peelings on are good, topped with melted cheese.

An interesting alternative to regular French fries is to roll them in mashed potato before deep frying them, to give them an interesting outer texture. If the mashed potatoes are seasoned, perhaps with paprika or maybe garlic and basil, etc., the possibilities open up more yet for flavor variation as well as texture.

They are all potatoes to me. Steak fries with the peelings on are good, topped with melted cheese.

An interesting alternative to regular French fries is to roll them in mashed potato before deep frying them, to give them an interesting outer texture. If the mashed potatoes are seasoned, perhaps with paprika or maybe garlic and basil, etc., the possibilities open up more yet for flavor variation as well as texture.
Ooh, Irish Nachos

Back
Top Bottom