Your first flight, where did it take you?

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
9:21 AM
My first ever flight, we went to Dublin for a long weekend.

Where did yours take you?

You assume that we have all flown? Well I have - but I know quite a few people who never have. I've only flown a few times and for some reason I can't remember the first. It was probably to France.

No place really interesting, a very small town where I grew up.

Last edited:
The first time I ever went in a plane, it was from Blackpool Squires Gate to Douglas in the Isle of Man in 1959 or thereabouts. On the way back, our plane was due to take off at 7.55 a.m. and the airport at Douglas didn't open until 8 a.m. For some strange reason it was late taking off :laugh:

I'm not sure when my first flight was. Possibly around 1973, Manchester to Aberdeen. Since 1980 I've hardly been on the ground until my last flight in 2008.

My first flight was to hand deliver a legal document when I was 17. I worked as a runner for a Miami law firm. I flew from Miami to Chicago, got in a taxi, went to the Sears building to drop off the document, went back down to the waiting taxi, went back to O'Hare and flew back to Miami. That is the first and only time I've ever been to Chicago. The only time I've been to the UK was in 2005 and that was where I landed in Heathrow, took an airport shuttle (bus) to Gatwick for a connecting flight to Nice, France.

Any travelling that I did until the 1980s involved ferries, trains and coaches. Then I went berserk and flew all the way from Heathrow to Port of Spain in Trinidad. Ten days or so later, on to St John's in Antigua and then another ten days or so and back to London.

I take back the above. My first flight was to Miami to go on a cruise. Not sure how I forgot that.

You assume that we have all flown? Well I have - but I know quite a few people who never have. I've only flown a few times and for some reason I can't remember the first. It was probably to France.

I assume nothing, it is just a thread to encourage a conversation about travel.

I assume nothing, it is just a thread to encourage a conversation about travel.
Sorry - didn't mean it as a criticism. :)

I hate flying BTW which is probably why I haven't flown very often. I've made 3 return journeys in total I think. On the last flight I was on, a man in the seat behind me died of a heart attack. At least - he certainly looked as if he had died when they removed him. Ghastly experience.

My first flight was to Morocco and we were upgraded to First Class, superb food and Champagne. It has been downhill ever since. I won't fly now because I cannot stand for any thing over 10 minutes and queues are interminable at airports.

I don't enjoy the whole airport thing, long queues and long waits but arrival at the destination makes up for all of that :thumbsup:

I flew once as a kid. I think I was 8 or 9 years old. My mom flew us from Michigan to California to visit her sister (kids tickets were almost free). My second flight was when I was 18. I flew from Michigan to Texas for basic training.

My longest flight was to South Korea in 1990. We had six stops. Then our plane had to make an emergency landing in Japan. We were stuck in the terminal for 8 hours. Total time was a 36 hour flight.

Back
Top Bottom