Your Nut Mix

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
10:20 PM
I bought this at Sam’s Club Saturday:

IMG_8412.jpeg

This is considered “deluxe” because there aren’t peanuts in it, which are something of a filler nut.

I, however, love peanuts, and I don’t really care for hazelnuts, pecans, or almonds, so it’s not all that deluxe to me.

Which makes me think…you can have from 3 to 5 nut varieties, so what’s your custom blend?

Mine would be peanuts, cashews, and Brazil nuts. What’s yours?

I like peanuts too.
It's what I eat most often of all of them.
I buy them raw, shelled, then pan roast them.
I find a lot of the bought stuff having a slight stale oil off-taste.

I honestly never eat ot buy mixed nuts. Come to that I rarely eat any nuts. But my favourites are hazel nuts and walnuts. In Kent we have cobnuts which are a wild form of hazel nuts.

I spend my time separating mixed nuts into their individual nuts before I'll eat them. But the first thing that hit me was that they are salted. Roasted I'm fine with, but not salted.

I love most nuts, but my favourites are hazelnuts, brazil nuts and cashew nuts. I'm less keen on pecan nuts and walnuts. Middle ground on macadamia nuts and almonds.

I spend my time separating mixed nuts into their individual nuts before I'll eat them.
I do the same thing.

Where MrsT and I diverge is that I do the responsible/fair thing - I get a handful of nuts, including those I don’t like, and then I sort and eat them all, whether I like them or not.

She, OTOH, gets a handful of nuts, picks out the ones she likes, then puts the other ones back, leaving them for me…except they’re ones I don’t like either, and that leaves me stuck with an inordinate amount of nuts I don’t like that I have to eat! 😠

Back
Top Bottom