Your other hobbies.

And all done with the lining sewn in now. The sewing of the lining into the bag is almost completely invisible :thumbsup: . It's along the back edge of the machined top seam.
20240329_090225.jpg
20240329_084710.jpg
20240329_085437.jpg

And all done with the lining sewn in now. The sewing of the lining into the bag is almost completely invisible :thumbsup: . It's along the back edge of the machined top seam.
View attachment 111576View attachment 111577View attachment 111578
Top notch.
I like arts and crafts, I can sew and am a particularly picky person when it comes to precision on my own work. If something I'm working on is out by 0.5mm my eye will pick up on it and it sticks like glue n I'm not happy.

That is work I'd be happy with. Cap doffed.

IMG_3807.JPG

I like to do DIY crafts/projects.
I was at the Dollar Store and saw these Silk Anthuriums and lovely fern - poked around some more and found these Shells and Vase ... the shells are made out of plastic!!!
I thought my Mother would like this.

What are these items - Is this a silly question?
It's a silk lined shawl about 7-8 foot long. I think there is sentimental significance to it, but I'm not sure exactly what or why. The first image is it with the pink silk lining only showing, then I've folded the sides in to show the black patterned velvet on the otherside. There are 5 silk panels, so it made sense to fold it over on itself with the velvet showing at the sides and the silk lining showing in the middle. My mum is obsessed with anything pink!

It's a silk lined shawl about 7-8 foot long. I think there is sentimental significance to it, but I'm not sure exactly what or why. The first image is it with the pink silk lining only showing, then I've folded the sides in to show the black patterned velvet on the otherside. There are 5 silk panels, so it made sense to fold it over on itself with the velvet showing at the sides and the silk lining showing in the middle. My mum is obsessed with anything pink!
Ah, i see now. Its lovely.

SatNavSaysStraightOn
That is stunning.
I can appreciate the difficulty of dealing with velvet and silk.
Decades ago, I made a wrap for my sister. Black velvet lined with black satin. I do not remember exactly but I think it was 10' long. I had to put sheets down on the floor to pin the fabric together. Then sew inside out. Then the satin and the velvet shifted. I had to add small hand stitches to keep the fabric from shifting.

SatNavSaysStraightOn
That is stunning.
I can appreciate the difficulty of dealing with velvet and silk.
Decades ago, I made a wrap for my sister. Black velvet lined with black satin. I do not remember exactly but I think it was 10' long. I had to put sheets down on the floor to pin the fabric together. Then sew inside out. Then the satin and the velvet shifted. I had to add small hand stitches to keep the fabric from shifting.
This was done in a similar manner. I used my (knitting) blocking mats to hold things in place. The silk was sewn together first becausethe panels had to be cut and sewn together first. Then they were attached to white cotton fabric because the black velvet was showing theough the silk. Then inside out, it was sewn together after I pinned it using every single pin I had, some needles and safety pins before it was machine sewn together in 3 sides. Finally I turned it through, and machined on all 4 sides. It took a lot of doing.

My new sewing machine doesn't appear to have the edge guide that my old one had, so I had to do the edging by eye.

Not again thank you mum. It's now in the post to the UK and I can get back on with my knitting.

Back
Top Bottom