Your other hobbies.

And the box it was sent in:
343792340_518105660341369_9038338495015528749_n.jpg

The wooden box was part of the gift, as was the saffron oil hidden away in the jar.
344009916_261602206290387_2999170810506276032_n.jpg

Not pictured are the stones I sent (small amethists, rose quartz etc), a necklace, stickers and a raven amulet.

Working on the package for the June swap.
View attachment 100089
View attachment 100087
Fire element stone.
View attachment 100088
Mini wand fit for the midsummer theme.
View attachment 100091
Goddess decorative plate in progress (needs more paint)
View attachment 100090
Back of the plate with the base coat, color needs to be added.
View attachment 100092
Bracelet made for my swap partner.
Have you watched any Christine McConnell?

I think its called ‘From the Mind of Christine McConnell’

She does a lot of cool crafty stuff. She makes a spectacular witches hat for herself. Some of it’s free to view on youtube and some of it is behind a Patreon paywall.

I think you might like it. She moves in to a very old house and literally has bats in the belfry!

A few I've been test knitting...

20230611_164648.jpg
20230611_163950.jpg

Once a certain gadget arrives in the post, I'll complete the odd pair that's in there (colourwork socks). I was test knitting for a friend and changing the heel design for her. There's enough yarn to knit both again to get 2 matching pairs from the design which I'll do in the near future.

20230609_142611.jpg

I'm currently knitting these as a test knit for a designer. They'll go to my sister who has huge feet (size UK 9!)

20230618_132104.jpg

The yarn has a sparkle in it in this pair. Not something I'd usually buy, but I didn't notice buying it online. Oh well. My sister will love it.

A few I've been test knitting...

View attachment 101464View attachment 101465

Once a certain gadget arrives in the post, I'll complete the odd pair that's in there (colourwork socks). I was test knitting for a friend and changing the heel design for her. There's enough yarn to knit both again to get 2 matching pairs from the design which I'll do in the near future.

View attachment 101466

I'm currently knitting these as a test knit for a designer. They'll go to my sister who has huge feet (size UK 9!)

View attachment 101467
The yarn has a sparkle in it in this pair. Not something I'd usually buy, but I didn't notice buying it online. Oh well. My sister will love it.
Beautiful work, SatNav! I have a few balls of sock yarn, but I haven’t tried knitting with them - just looking at the instructions for turning the heel makes my head spin!

I’d really like to get into it though, seems like socks would be a perfect size project for knitting on the train while I’m on my way to work.

Beautiful work, SatNav! I have a few balls of sock yarn, but I haven’t tried knitting with them - just looking at the instructions for turning the heel makes my head spin!

I’d really like to get into it though, seems like socks would be a perfect size project for knitting on the train while I’m on my way to work.
Turning a heel isn't difficult at all.

Look up Helen Stewart on Ravelry. I'll send you the link tomorrow if you've not found her. She does a line by line pdf for basic socks (which if you know how is free) and walks you through it literally.

If you sign up to this lady's newsletter, these socks are free.

Simply Curious Socks pattern by Helen Stewart

The pattern is a vanilla sock pattern that is written line by line row by row. Don't print it all out, you'll only need 1 of the 3 sizes. The sizes are circumference or width, not length. You just knit to length as needed. Yell if you need help. They are the best instructions I know for a beginner sock maker.

Made some cushion covers for my sons new flat from the fabric one of them chose and a tablecloth and napkins from some fabric one of them liked but there wasn’t enough left to do anything with.

So I went online and found somewhere that had 2.5 metres left, just enough for a tablecloth and napkins. They don’t know about that part so hopefully this rather wild looking tablecloth will be a nice surprise.

IMG_0425.jpeg

Looks a little baggy on the bottom just because I hadn’t zipped it up!

IMG_0403.jpeg

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

Cutlery added for scale.

Made some cushion covers for my sons new flat from the fabric one of them chose and a tablecloth and napkins from some fabric one of them liked but there wasn’t enough left to do anything with.

So I went online and found somewhere that had 2.5 metres left, just enough for a tablecloth and napkins. They don’t know about that part so hopefully this rather wild looking tablecloth will be a nice surprise.

View attachment 101512
Looks a little baggy on the bottom just because I hadn’t zipped it up!

View attachment 101516

View attachment 101513

View attachment 101514
Cutlery added for scale.
I hate eating mushrooms, but I love all those mushrooms!

Back
Top Bottom