Your other hobbies.

I’m not sure what to do with them. My partner wants to use them in the many potted plants we have. I also have been looking at making a few pendants for fun gifts. My daughters will have to accept them so they don’t hurt my feelings. I may glue some to an empty soup can to make a pencil holder to replace the current one I have that is covered in macaroni. 🤣

The fun is in hunting for them and the anticipation of the transformation. And, it can get pretty technical now that I have started getting into it a bit.

Yeah, I was thinking they would look good as soil topping in potted plants. Also, if you have an aquarium...
Talking of jewellery (you guys over the pond spell that differently), some of the smaller ones would make rather good earrings. I'd like two of those black and white speckled ones please with silver mounts.

I finished these sock on Friday and got a picture of them in the sunshine.

20240113_090310.jpg

I'm also knitting this slipover/sleeveless top. It's laid out on the purple cardigan so I can gauge the size and point where to start the armholes.

20240114_114531.jpg

Finished this today. It's my first large garment of stranded fair isle knitting. I've only done socks and 2 hats previously.

View attachment 109565
Where do I send you a check for that?!?! I LOVE IT!!!

We watch a lot of older Brit TV, and there’s always someone wearing a sweater like that, that kind of pattern, and they just don’t sell them here - I can’t even find them in the UK any longer (or maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places), but I’m dying to get one (or five :laugh: ), and it’s alway on the top of my list of things to bring back whenever we go over.

That’s just beautiful!

I have been a hobbyholic all of my life. Too many to list. Currently my only other hobby is care giving. That perhaps is not a hobby but it is what uses my time. I'm not sure cooking is a hobby either. I cook to eat and I learned from my mother long ago that we all have to eat so we might as well eat well. So call me hobbyless for the time being although I have a lot of equipment in the house related to them so going back will be easy when time allows.

Back
Top Bottom