Your Photos

A few pics from The Tour
P_20190728_194829.jpg

P_20190728_194821.jpg

P_20190728_205323.jpg

Ok, along with picnicking today, we went to the Cincinnati Museum Center to see an exhibit called "Egypt: Time Of The Pharaohs."

The exhibit's ok if you're into that stuff, but I get annoyed easily in crowds, so I usually mentally check out about halfway through.

Anyway, some outside shots of Union Terminal, which houses the various museums. It's the old city train terminal, and does still have an Amtrak stop, not that anyone uses it.

I love this building, and I'm so proud and pleased that after several years of disrepair, local voters gave them the money to fix things up, including the fountain, which had been shut off for years.

Now it's state-of-the-art, which explains why it isn't shooting very high. It's breezy today, and the fountain is computer-controlled, and self-adjusts its blast height based on the wind speed.

Also, for folks of a certain age, the exterior facade is the inspiration for the Hall Of Justice from the old '70's Super Friends cartoon show.
95AF2C7F-1EE4-4D2A-8288-FCD0466CB4AE.jpeg
7BBB4C98-D64B-47CF-AAAC-61FC64AB68CD.jpeg

Ok, along with picnicking today, we went to the Cincinnati Museum Center to see an exhibit called "Egypt: Time Of The Pharaohs."

The exhibit's ok if you're into that stuff, but I get annoyed easily in crowds, so I usually mentally check out about halfway through.

Anyway, some outside shots of Union Terminal, which houses the various museums. It's the old city train terminal, and does still have an Amtrak stop, not that anyone uses it.

I love this building, and I'm so proud and pleased that after several years of disrepair, local voters gave them the money to fix things up, including the fountain, which had been shut off for years.

Now it's state-of-the-art, which explains why it isn't shooting very high. It's breezy today, and the fountain is computer-controlled, and self-adjusts its blast height based on the wind speed.

Also, for folks of a certain age, the exterior facade is the inspiration for the Hall Of Justice from the old '70's Super Friends cartoon show.
View attachment 30288 View attachment 30289

What a fabulous art deco building. I'd love to see the interior.

Bonus! A double yolk this morning. Today's egg sandwich will be extra-rich!

I've never researched double yolk eggs. If the egg shell is the same size as a shell containing one yolk, are the yolks in the double yolk egg smaller or is there less albumen? Or is it a combination?

I've never researched double yolk eggs. If the egg shell is the same size as a shell containing one yolk, are the yolks in the double yolk egg smaller or is there less albumen? Or is it a combination?
Doing a quick internet search, seems like it might be a combination. There are lots of articles that detail the mechanics of the creation of a double yolk, but none that specifically say whether it results in less egg white, smaller yolks, or a little of both.

The one interesting thing I read is that the conventional wisdom states that doubles are more likely from young chickens that haven't quite gotten their reproductive system firing on all cylinders yet.

Back
Top Bottom