Your Photos

The one interesting thing I read is that the conventional wisdom states that doubles are more likely from young chickens that haven't quite gotten their reproductive system firing on all cylinders yet.

90% of the time we buy duck eggs. I am not aware that we have had a double yolk duck egg. Maybe the ducks are all old timers.

Bonus! A double yolk this morning. Today's egg sandwich will be extra-rich!
View attachment 30453

I have two sources for my eggs, both free range. One delivers for $5 a dozen. We normally buy3 dozen. The other supplier I have to txt and pick up from his neighbour. Those are called "large" free range. I normally get 75% double yolkers. These are big eggs!!
I must get some more double yolkers.

Russ

The one interesting thing I read is that the conventional wisdom states that doubles are more likely from young chickens that haven't quite gotten their reproductive system firing on all cylinders yet.
Absolutely. Last year (could have been tbe year before) every one of a certain chook's offspring went through an extended period of giving me double yolkers. I could literally pick up an egg and tell you from the looks of it that or was a double yolker. Sadly for us, it settled down after a few months. But on the whole double or multiple yolkers are bigger eggs with slightly smaller yolks and in my experience roughly the same amount of white as the standard single yolks. All of new pullets this season are now laying (all 4) and as such, I'm just getting longer thinner eggs from 3 of them and tiny eggs from 1. The 3 laying long thin eggs will by later in tbe season start giving me much bigger eggs. As for the other, I've no idea. She's bottom of the pecking order so probably gets less food hence the really small eggs (40-50g small! But not bantam sized which is 30-40g in my flock).

You need a sit on mower... or maybe you have one?
We have one, and it's a zero-turn mower, so what used to take me three hours with a standard ride-on mower, I can now do in about 90 minutes, and it eliminated any need of using a push mower for the hard-to-reach spots.

Still have to use the weed trimmer, though. :(

What a fabulous art deco building. I'd love to see the interior.
Ok, I walked up today and took a bunch of photos. Nothing spectacular, but I'll post you a few now and some others later:
4E1F06A1-96F9-4287-83DC-E509D383B6ED.jpeg
2069A5A9-6826-4D79-9D1F-70F1746E5E67.jpeg
1178EF5C-5A6C-4C51-90EC-9C6CBE24B4E5.jpeg

Art Deco is my favorite style as well. I love it, even more than Gothic.

Here are a few more:
View attachment 30489 View attachment 30490 View attachment 30491

Simply stunning. We have some Art Deco buildings in the UK but I think there is nothing like this. Its so grand! Its been beautifully restored - even the info centre TV monitors in the first image somehow work because they are incorporated into the rotunda.

I love the murals too. I must research more about those.

I would really like to visit it.

Last edited:
@morning glory - here are some pics of more detailed things:
F3519C7B-88FF-46F0-ACD5-5E68884F5894.jpeg
E9336030-5707-4350-A463-AAB40629B735.jpeg
8F8C3807-D43E-4543-BB1E-2793D2CA5370.jpeg

The mural earlier shows the history of the US, and there's one on the opposite side that shows the history of Cincinnati.

The building is full of art. Here's a link if you're interested:

https://www.cincymuseum.org/art-of-union-terminal/

Also, if you like murals, I'll do you a treat and take some photos over the next year. Little ol' po-dunk middle-of-nowhere Cincinnati has about 75 murals painted all around town, and some are absolutely stunning. When I'm out and about, I'll take some snaps for you.

@morning glory - here are some pics of more detailed things:
View attachment 30494 View attachment 30495 View attachment 30496

The mural earlier shows the history of the US, and there's one on the opposite side that shows the history of Cincinnati.

The building is full of art. Here's a link if you're interested:

https://www.cincymuseum.org/art-of-union-terminal/

Also, if you like murals, I'll do you a treat and take some photos over the next year. Little ol' po-dunk middle-of-nowhere Cincinnati has about 75 murals painted all around town, and some are absolutely stunning. When I'm out and about, I'll take some snaps for you.

Its all so detailed and presumably carefully reconstructed in some cases.

Thanks for the link. I'd love to see more murals from Cincinnati. A place I knew nothing about is now on my radar.

Back
Top Bottom