Your Photos

A few pictures from the baseball game yesterday.

Shot of the Great American Insurance building. Fairly new building, and I think it's the tallest in Cincy now, though the Carew Tower may have tacked on an antenna to beat them.

The top part is open and lit up at night, so that it looks like a tiara.
6B2B91F9-1B9A-4D2F-81BB-27F0BC87DD44.jpeg

Near the end of the season, Reds are at or near the bottom in the standings, and it's a weekday, so the small crowd (about 10,000) made for a nice day at the park.
E7EC23FE-85CB-4DED-93D8-C145BBF728E9.jpeg

Before he went off to fame and fortune designing the iconic Brooklyn Bridge, Roebling put up a prototype here, connecting Ohio to Kentucky.
14E782EF-B2B5-44F4-AB90-64AD6F8C0683.jpeg

That's the NFL stadium off in the distance. Hard to believe that 10 years ago, all that real estate between the two venues was nothing but weedy concrete.

Now there are luxury condos, trendy shops and restaurants, a giant brew house, our very own observation wheel, and a riverfront park.
E9F80E7F-4F43-477A-B08B-2CE5B7553A39.jpeg

We also got a streetcar a few years ago. Free ride with every baseball ticket.
4B523DA1-4210-40F2-A9F7-86DA53235E7C.jpeg

We still get a lot of barges on the river.
6FF4B581-7970-40D9-9E7C-191E427A7C86.jpeg

I should point out that the Reds did win in extra innings, and because they pitched at least 11 strikeouts, my ticket stub earns me a free small 1-topping pizza from LaRosa's Pizzeria.

A few pictures from the baseball game yesterday.

Shot of the Great American Insurance building. Fairly new building, and I think it's the tallest in Cincy now, though the Carew Tower may have tacked on an antenna to beat them.

The top part is open and lit up at night, so that it looks like a tiara.
View attachment 31632

Near the end of the season, Reds are at or near the bottom in the standings, and it's a weekday, so the small crowd (about 10,000) made for a nice day at the park.
View attachment 31633

Before he went off to fame and fortune designing the iconic Brooklyn Bridge, Roebling put up a prototype here, connecting Ohio to Kentucky.
View attachment 31634

That's the NFL stadium off in the distance. Hard to believe that 10 years ago, all that real estate between the two venues was nothing but weedy concrete.

Now there are luxury condos, trendy shops and restaurants, a giant brew house, our very own observation wheel, and a riverfront park.
View attachment 31635

We also got a streetcar a few years ago. Free ride with every baseball ticket.
View attachment 31636

We still get a lot of barges on the river.
View attachment 31637
Nice shots. What's on the barges?

Nice shots. What's on the barges?
Thanks. I have no idea what's being shipped. Anything that goes by train or truck, really.

I just found a short article that mentioned a lot of construction material goes through our area by barge.

A few pics from the village Oktoberfest

In case you get lost in the church parking lot, there's this handy sign:
E30379C4-D85B-43CB-88B6-85DBAE92BF3E.jpeg

Nothing says Oktoberfest like a beer and a neck cookie:
C9D8E6D9-A0E3-4E8F-BF95-8E7BCB9C19A2.jpeg

Pretzel:
99C233D9-9813-48D8-B82A-58A1091FDA6F.jpeg

For a very small Oktoberfest, the beer selection was phenomenal. This was one station, and there was another one with just as many German beers, but all different, and another one with nothing but local craft beer, and then a Yuengling booth for some reason. :whistling:
266D907A-C555-46A2-927C-9703C8DB3B96.jpeg

I remember my cousin getting arrested in Germany at the real beer fest, about 30 years ago. Stealing road cones and dancing with them,lol. We always talk about it when we get together,lol.

Russ

I remember my cousin getting arrested in Germany at the real beer fest, about 30 years ago. Stealing road cones and dancing with them,lol. We always talk about it when we get together,lol.

Russ
All I'll say about Oktoberfest in Munich is that after attending, I managed to wander around, take a bus or three, and the subway, and finally gave up ever finding my hotel, so I called a cab and when he arrived and I gave him the hotel name...

...he drove me to the end of the block and deposited me right in front of my hotel. Shortest cab ride of my life! :laugh: :cheers:

Lebkuchen is very nice :)

I also loved the pretzel you had there, looks amazing!
We're blessed to have a legit German bakery in our area. Family owned for generations, and they send their bakers-in-training off to Germany for school. Their cakes and pastries are simply perfection, and that's their pretzel.

They supply most of the O'fests in the area.

Back
Top Bottom