Your Photos

Most of my professional photography is automotive related. I thought it might be fun to show my new-found British friends a photo of the car that I drive daily around "Big D," Dallas, Texas, land of the three-ton Super-Duty "commuter" truck...

View attachment 34659

CD:wink:
You have class, mine looks like this.

Now that winter is here for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, I thought I'd share one of my favorite landscape photos -- a genre I don't expore as much as I'd like too.

I call it "Snowday."

Background: We get snow one or two days each year, on average. It is usually not deep, and melts quickly. In January of 2010, we got two big snow storms. This one dropped seven to ten inches on North Texas. I got up at the crack of dawn, grabbed a camera, jumped into my Audi allroad quattro (no way I could have done it in the MINI), and went looking for something to photograph. I found this field with trees in the background, with pristine snow on the ground and flocking the trees.

Snowscape2010.jpg

The things I remember when I look at this photo are just how still and quiet it was out there, and that I didn't feel cold. It was very peaceful.

CD

You have class, mine looks like this.

View attachment 34809

This is our current drive, I also have a clapped out Subaru Legacy Estate (station wagon) which I use as a daily driver/building materials/fishing vehicle.

We managed 150 MPH with the Impreza on the German Autobahn some time ago.

This is our current drive, I also have a clapped out Subaru Legacy Estate (station wagon) which I use as a daily driver/building materials/fishing vehicle.

We managed 150 MPH with the Impreza on the German Autobahn some time ago.

View attachment 35089

View attachment 35090

Never mind the car - is that a garden gnome in the background!

I love garden gnomes! We used to have one that we bought at some roadside garden place in Cornwall, probably 1994.

I loved it because, where most gnomes I've seen are somewhat whimsical and happy, this gnome was a little jerk. He was riding a pig, and twisting the pig's ear to make it go. The pig was in obvious discomfort, and the gnome had a delightfully evil little look on his face.

Sadly, he was broken in a move the following year. Every trip back, when possible, I've looked for a replacement, but with no luck. :(

Back
Top Bottom