Your Photos

Went to a Japanese garden to relax a little.

Was at a fire station out in the boonies yesterday and snapped a couple photos of a mother racoon and her 3 little ones. Unfortunately I used my phone and the pics are not worth to post. I've got to start taking the Rebel with me.

This morning

Lovely sunrise, but it's not mist. It is caused by the smoke from the fires locally which combined now total over 100,000 hectares. There was a shift in the wind direction last night. Every window and door is closed. My asthma is playing up and so on. I doubt I'll be going swimming today. In fact I doubt I'll be doing anything today except trying to stay out of hospital :(

This morning

Lovely sunrise, but it's not mist. It is caused by the smoke from the fires locally which combined now total over 100,000 hectares. There was a shift in the wind direction last night. Every window and door is closed. My asthma is playing up and so on. I doubt I'll be going swimming today. In fact I doubt I'll be doing anything today except trying to stay out of hospital :(

That really does look a lot like North Texas. Do you get dust storms there? We haven't had one in a few years, which is odd. They turn the sky brown, too.

BrownSky-3.jpg

CD

That really does look a lot like North Texas. Do you get dust storms there? We haven't had one in a few years, which is odd. They turn the sky brown, too.

View attachment 35744

CD
Yeah, on a monthly, if not more frequent, basis. Some have been quite impressive but the last few have filled the garage with a thick layer of dust that had coated everything. Even the newly purchased stuff has been totally coated twice in the last week alone. I'm struggling to keep the house clean at the best of times and all of the window sills have a layer of dirt on them, thick particles that have got through.

We have gales again right now which are not only bringing the smoke over yet again, but also whipping up the dirt. The only advantage of the current wind direction is that it isn't from the interior. That brings horrendous dust storms that turn the sky brown and block or the sun completely. Driving in those conditions is challenging to say the least. Right now it feels like tomorrow is going to be a bad day for dust and smoke combined!

Back
Top Bottom