Your Photos

And getting worse

No way am I walking to get the post today! It can wait if it it's even still in my post box

Yes, that is the right colour...

Sadly a lot of the fires around me are escalating out of control as well. The one at the airport is now red which is emergency and also "it's too late to evacuate, take shelter"...
Another 3 major fires in the mountains and 1 'local' to me are also now red. The wind direction is currently favourable for me not getting any smoke, but these high winds make the conditions very dangerous and fires that were previously under control, no longer are.

My phone battery is almost flat. It's the only contact with the outside world I have right now, so I'm signing off for a while. Please don't assume the worst. I just don't have electricity in the middle of a really bad dust storm. We're due lightning, hopefully with rain this afternoon, once the cold front has blown through. But this dust storm is that big, it is affecting Melbourne some 700km away. So electricity may take a while...

I don't normally stop to take photos when I'm locking up my chickens but last night I just had to make an exception. The sunset was stunning. I only caught it part way through, but the entire sky was lit up. North, East, South and West with a tiny fingernail of moon and the evening star visible.

View media item 2915

Apologies they are not quite in the right time order, hence me putting the time in. My upload speed varies and which ever one uploads first gets the next in the album...

Last edited:
I don't normally stop to take photos when I'm locking up my chickens but last night I just had to make an exception. The sunset was stunning. I only caught it part way through, but the egg tie sky was lit up. North, East, South and West with a tiny fingernail of moon and the evening star visible.

View media item 2915

I'm getting this error when I click those links:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Anything with my end?

This grey wagtail popped up in the car park at the end of our road. While we see pied wagtails flitting around the high street every day, its cousin the grey wagtail usually remains close to water. However, like many birds, they will forage further afield in winter.

Grey wagtails are rather hard done to by their name. They are not drab grey birds, but have bright yellow patches. This one doesn't have much yellow which leads me to think it's a young bird, probably born last summer.

From drought to flooding overnight literally.

Quite an achievement given I live at the top of a hill, quite literally.

The right hand dam should have reeds in it. The left hand dam was empty last night, as in dry.

People further down are going to be flooding soon.

From drought to flooding overnight literally.

Quite an achievement given I live at the top of a hill, quite literally.

The right hand dam should have reeds in it. The left hand dam was empty last night, as in dry.

View attachment 37541

View attachment 37542

View attachment 37543

People further down are going to be flooding soon.
Fires, drought, flood...you should probably expect an avalanche soon.

Seriously, though, it's good to hear from you. I hadn't seen anything from you in the last couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom