Your Photos

St Mary's church, dates back to the 10th century and has the third tallest spire in England. The largest church in Shrewsbury, and I walk past it most days. A bit of a dull photo, but it caught the cherry blossom in the foreground.
View attachment 52489
That's lovely. I'm just about to read an article in one of the English Christmas mags I picked up called, "A Vicar's View: Mark Thomas Reflects On Christmases As Vicar Of The Stunning St. Chad's Church In Shrewsbury."

That's lovely. I'm just about to read an article in one of the English Christmas mags I picked up called, "A Vicar's View: Mark Thomas Reflects On Christmases As Vicar Of The Stunning St. Chad's Church In Shrewsbury."
St Chad's is an amazing church. I will take photo's this week. It is strange, but nice, to think of you thousands of miles away watching a program of one of my local churches!

I took a walk down to St Chad's whilst in town this afternoon. I had forgotten how big it is. It's far from the prettiest or oldest church in town, but boy it is the biggest. Apparently, it can seat 1200 people in it's unique circular nave.

From the church you can see out over the Quarry Park, in the distance is the River Severn and the boathouse.

Back
Top Bottom