Your Photos

Got the juveniles and a couple of the adults today:

View attachment 55348

View attachment 55349

These reminded me of a shot I did on the Galveston Ferry. Much less majestic birds in mine. I named the photo "Air Traffic Control."

AirTrafficControl.jpg

CD

Last edited:
If you like pictures of musicians performing, here's one from the San Jose Summer Jazz Festival 2011.

full.jpg

I hope they get these events back into the running this year. Fingers are crossed.

Thank you. It's such a shame that it no longer works and is now just something 'inanimate', if you know what I mean. It's nice to look at but if only it spoke again..I've tried looking for parts to replace the old and broken (and maybe even missing) ones, but unsuccessfully . I'll keep looking at it, it's so beautiful :)
You need to find someone old or retired. They are out there.

Russ

Reactions: mjd
There is a rather fascinating TV programme in the UK where they take treasured old items (family heirlooms) and repair them. Often they look past repair but they manage to restore them.

The Repair Shop - BBC Onewww.bbc.co.uk › programmes

We watch it every Friday night. It's fascinating, I have my grandparents mantle clock that didn't work. I ran into an old fellow who in his spare time repaired clocks. I gave it to him not expecting a result, but about a month later it's going again. I love the sound of the chime.

Russ

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom