Your Photos

It's always nice to see trees with blossom, especially right in the middle of town.

The following photo of the 1886 Benz Motorwagen and the previous photo of the Rolls Royce Phantom were taken at the Blackhawk Car Museum in Danville, California, which has one of the finest collections of antique and notable cars in the world.

full.jpg

1886 Benz Motorwagen

This vehicle might be one of the controversial vehicles which presents arguments that the automobile was not invented by Henry Ford in the USA, but Daimler Benz in Germany.

BTW: One of the founders of the Blackhawk Museum, Ken Behring, died in 2019. Don Williams, the original collector of vintage cars which eventually graced the museum, survives to this day.

For more info, google 'Don Williams Blackhawk Museum'.

Here's another Blackhawk Museum car, an early 1900s touring car or run about.

full.jpg

Sorry, I don't know the make or model and I can't make out the name on the radiator.

Perhaps, somebody can help identify this beauty.

Here's another Blackhawk Museum car, an early 1900s touring car or run about.

View attachment 62282

Sorry, I don't know the make or model and I can't make out the name on the radiator.

Perhaps, somebody can help identify this beauty.

Cadillac I think. I did an image search - its not that I know anything about vintage cars...

Cadillac model M Tulip Tourer 1906

1619771879307.png

I love these Mercedes Benz 500K Roadsters. They are absolutely stunning cars and rank with the 1939 Dusenberg Simone Midnight Ghost for sleek appearance.

full.jpg

1935 Mercedes Benz 500K Roadster

full.jpg

1936 Mercedes Benz 500K Roadster

Again, these photos are from the Blackhawk Museum in Danville, California. That museum should not be confused with the Peterson Car Museum in Santa Monica, California which has another outstanding collection of vintage collector cars.

I'm still on the antique car kick.

I have some photos from a visit to San Jose, California's Historical Museum in Kelly Park, when the local Ford enthusiasts were having their convention. These people came to Kelly Park with a wealth of self-restored antique Fords. Many of these people had worked at the local Ford manufacturing facility, before it closed down. Now they make Teslas there.

full.jpg

Ford Model Ts were in abundance at the Ford enthusiast convention at the San Jose History Park in San Jose, California.

full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom