Your Photos

The fairgrounds beside my house...I walk the track almost every day...that is an old corral they use for equestrian events and beyond is the grand stand....We have an annual fair but it has been cancelled the last two years..

The Old Mill down by the river...I pass it on my walks..when I was younger, we used to climb that piece of the old damn...It gets pretty exciting when that whole rapid fills up with rushing whitewater every spring...ahhh, to be young and foolish again..as opposed to just old and stupid now..

We visited the Ilya Repin Exhibition at Ateneum Art Museum in Helsinki yesterday. Photographing was allowed. We had to buy the tickets months ago. Hundreds of paintings and drawings. His portraits were awesome - and the huge paintings "Barge Haulers on the Volga" and "Sadko in the Underwater Kingdom" were on display as well.

On the left is Repin's painting of his then 17-year old wife Vera. (They had four children but divorced later as Repin had a fling with several maids). Repin found a new love later - novelist Natalia Nordmann - painted by Repin on the right.

repin.PNG
nordmann.PNG

Barge Haulers on the Volga:
volga.png

"The Freedom" had a lighter touch:
freedom.PNG

Back
Top Bottom