Your Photos

Urban greenery & scenery

I understand and you are correct, situational awareness is key for survival on a motorcycle. Target fixation is another killer. I'm not saying it wasn't the motorcyclist fault. To accelerate to top speed and intentionally drive into a vehicle is very strange.

It's not so strange. It's human behavior at an adolescent stage. The motorcycle is an identity thing and its power and capabilities likewise. It is an independence from authority thing, as well. And it lends itself to a foolish tendency to 'show off'.

Situational awareness is something that is not achieved for all vehicle operators, even the more mature. But certainly, in those years when a kid is in the late stages of adolescence, it will not be there, nor will a sense of respect and safety. This is not to blame the kid for what happened, but to point out in analytic terms, the reality of what led to the event.

Lovely! What did you use to create that effect?
It was a lensball (I believe the 60mm size), you can buy them on Amazon, a fun prop for sure! Only interesting bit is that the pictures taken through a lensball are inverted, so for the one above I had to create masking layers and flip the image within the ball using Photoshop.

Back
Top Bottom