Your Photos

Last night's sunset.

I am seeing a lot of photos like this over the last few months, in this thread especially. Only the top inch or two shows up, and refreshing the screen doesn't work. Hmmmmmm.

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 3.42.29 AM.jpg

CD

Could be. I keep my own photos to no more than 1200 pixels in either direction.

CD

I tend to use either 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio on the camera although that's only really relevant for the full size images. I store images at full size, but I also store a reduced size (c. 1600 x 1200 or 1600 x 900) for publication on the net. In order to reduce the size further, I save the reduced size copies at 75% quality.

I tend to use either 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio on the camera although that's only really relevant for the full size images. I store images at full size, but I also store a reduced size (c. 1600 x 1200 or 1600 x 900) for publication on the net. In order to reduce the size further, I save the reduced size copies at 75% quality.

I shoot 4:3, and save Nikon's RAW format on camera. I store full size, too. I then crop and size to no more than 1200 pixels, and save as JPG files at #8 compression/quality in Photoshop (80% ?) to post on the forum.

CD

I shoot 4:3, and save Nikon's RAW format on camera. I store full size, too. I then crop and size to no more than 1200 pixels, and save as JPG files at #8 compression/quality in Photoshop (80% ?) to post on the forum.

CD

I guess it is thereabouts. 9/12ths quality. I used to store the reduced images at 1200 until SatNavSaysStraightOn increased the maximum to 1600. For my own sites I upload the images at maximum (c. 6000 x 4000 or 6000 x 3400 - jpegs) and these are accessed via thumbnails.

Last edited:
I am seeing a lot of photos like this over the last few months, in this thread especially. Only the top inch or two shows up, and refreshing the screen doesn't work. Hmmmmmm.

View attachment 68002

CD

I reported this ages ago - it started happening to me when we did the last upgrade.

I find it sorts itself out later if I go back to the image. The thread is here: Photos not displaying correctly

Back
Top Bottom