Your Photos

Acorn mom and its young

We have a praying mantis living in one of the flowers containers on the back deck - scares the sh!t out of me every time I water the flowers.

The funny thing is, it seems to have a real attitude. The first time I spotted it, I poured in some water, and it did a fast creepy-crawly across the plant, down the side of the planter, and onto the deck.

Then, and I swear this is true, it cranked that weird head it has around and looked me dead in the eye, then turned around and, without hesitation, marched right back across the deck, up the container, and right back into the flowers, as if to say, "I've assessed you, human, and have deemed you're more frightened of me than I am of you, therefore establishing the pecking order around here, with me on top. Now...SCRAM!"

And I did, and except for watering, I haven't touched the plants since. :laugh:

I really like the composition of this shot, and couldn't help but play with it in Photoshop. Since I don't have the original photo-file, it was harder, and I ended up with quite a bit of noise/grain in the sky. But, anyway, it was fun.

View attachment 68345

CD

While walking along the countryside, I couldn't help but take a photo because that beautiful composition caught my attention. It looked like a painting.
You did a great job with Photoshop, I'm sure you enjoyed it. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom