Your Photos

I mentioned earlier it was Oktoberfest here (the last one of the season 😢), so here are some menu pics of what was available to eat:

My last Oktoberfest pic:

That's Layla. She's 21 years old and in a wagon because she's immobile at her age, a little blind, and a little deaf, according to her owner, but still (as much as anyone can know) loving life.

I think her owner may be my hero. He's actually taken lengthy sabbaticals from work to care for her; the first one was a couple of years ago when she had an inner-ear condition, and the second one is now, while he cares for her in her last days.

I'm not sure how soon that'll be, though, as Layla was quite alert and animated when she stopped by to see us, letting out several happy woofs and wagging her tail.

I took these while it was still warm, last week I believe. A lovely park to walk by on the way from Zagreb train station to main square.
Academy if arts and science is the building behind the flower beds(south)

The archeology museum is nearby, but sadly temporary closed due to earthquake damages.

Attachments

• IMG_20210921_184702_1.jpg
    IMG_20210921_184702_1.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 80
Have you ever wondered how big those blades are on wind energy windmills? Well, we have thousands of them in Texas. In fact, if Texas were a country, it would rank fourth in the world for wind energy production.

I stopped at a Rest Area on the way home from Houston on Thursday, and these trucks with wind turbine blades were stopped. To give you some perspective, those are full-size 18-wheel trucks/trailers on the right side of the photo. That blade is longer than a Boeing 747 aircraft.

IMG_1602.JPG

CD

Have you ever wondered how big those blades are on wind energy windmills? Well, we have thousands of them in Texas. In fact, if Texas were a country, it would rank fourth in the world for wind energy production.

I stopped at a Rest Area on the way home from Houston on Thursday, and these trucks with wind turbine blades were stopped. To give you some perspective, those are full-size 18-wheel trucks/trailers on the right side of the photo. That blade is longer than a Boeing 747 aircraft.

View attachment 72679

CD

Do the middle and back ones self propelled or just steered from them?ive seen cranes with two separate power sources.

Russ

What was the pork like? Man it looks good.

Russ
We didn't have the roasted pork (or the chicken) this time around, but we've had both in the past and they're excellent. It's the best roast chicken I've ever had, and nearly the best pork.

Back
Top Bottom