Your Photos

View attachment 74232
This is from probably 1980 or so, proof that I have actually done physical work. That's the sawmill.

That nearly 6-ft in diameter blade is spinning at about a million rpms...no safety measures in sight, the ground littered with bits of wood and tools, and every time the log needed turning, I'd either hop across the mantle, within inches of the spinning blade, or ride the carriage back with the log.

Ahhh...good times... :laugh:

Ahhh... to be young and immortal.

If you don't look at that photo and thought about that hop near the spinning blade and wonder, "What was I thinking?" then you have not yet grown up.

I look back on things I did when I was young and immortal, and often wonder, "What was I thinking?"

CD

IMG-20211031-WA0038.jpg

My grandmother, 90 years young, it was a nice weekend being there to celebrate her birthday with her.

View attachment 74299
My grandmother, 90 years young, it was a nice weekend being there to celebrate her birthday with her.

Wow - she looks fantastic! How does anyone possibly look like that at 90 without the help of a first rate cosmetic surgeon? She looks very beautiful.

Last edited:
View attachment 74232
This is from probably 1980 or so, proof that I have actually done physical work. That's the sawmill.

That nearly 6-ft in diameter blade is spinning at about a million rpms...no safety measures in sight, the ground littered with bits of wood and tools, and every time the log needed turning, I'd either hop across the mantle, within inches of the spinning blade, or ride the carriage back with the log.

Ahhh...good times... :laugh:

Not new to me, I used to service timber mills all the time selling engineering supplies. I love the smell driving into a timber yard.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom