Your Photos

More zoo lights pics:

I really liked that jellyfish thing, as you can tell. I think that may be new. I don't remember it from last year.

TastyReuben the center of Lisbon has those same jellyfish light decorations this year, I didn't take pics because I thought they look odd as Christmas decorations! :laugh:

Just a little scenery from 'my backyard'...
My walking is slowly improving and we made it slightly further today.

Up and over the mountain (it's called Gungun, no idea so don't ask)

From a previous morning, looking south towards Canberra... Canberra is in front of those distant mountains (the Brindabellas). Yep, the capital of Australia is in that picture! Honest. Lol.

Don't worry, I look at your pics and think, "I feel bad for FFT...there's no snow or grey skies in his photos. Poor fella." :laugh:
Well, if its any consolation, I've never experienced the cliché "White Christmas" before, and as a kid I remember being bummed out that we don't get snow down here lol

Well, if its any consolation, I've never experienced the cliché "White Christmas" before, and as a kid I remember being bummed out that we don't get snow down here lol

Don't pay Tasty no mind. He ain't normal. His idea of good weather requires an umbrella or a snow shovel.

As for me, that last photo of yours makes me a bit angry, because I wasn't invited.

CD

Don't pay Tasty no mind. He ain't normal. His idea of good weather requires an umbrella or a snow shovel.

As for me, that last photo of yours makes me a bit angry, because I wasn't invited.

CD
I miss being dig into a snow drift on Christmas day, up a mountain. Christmas lunch would be a slab of homemade Christmas cake in one hand (with Lancashire or Wensleydale cheese on top) and a mug of hot sweet black coffee in the other.

Most Christmases were like that until 10 years ago when we quit life completely.... prior to that every Christmas and New Year was spent in a tent, (as in A frame, can't stand up, only sit up) on a campsite or occasionally wild camping, for 2 weeks. Out winter mountaineering every day. Days off were spent swimming and shopping. Usually in that order!

Here, our Christmases are usually cool and rainy - cold weather and snow doesn't start until January.

However, about every five years or so, we'll get something brutal, with either frigid temps or loads of snow. Last year, it actually properly snowed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and it was beautiful, but now we've got a few years to wait until the next one. 60F and rain tomorrow, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom